Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bibliovampire

...defined, by me, as a person having a thirst for reading. That is what I have been doing, intermingled, with getting the kids ready for school, and walking at the park. I just finished a couple of books.



I enjoyed the fourth book in the Twilight series, which follows the life of Bella Swan. There is intrique, mild gore, really great cars and designer clothes...what more can a girl ask for...oh, yes...really great looking vampires and werewolves. I will give no spoilers, so if you are in need of a twisted love story (are there any easy ones?) you would be interested in this series.


This book is by the same author as the Twilight series, but it is a stand alone novel. The story is about Melanie Stryder and an alien soul called Wanderer and what happens as they become one after an alien invasion of Earth. The book moved at a fast pace and I liked the character development. One of my favorite characters was crazy Uncle Jeb. His quirky sense of humor added levity to a serious subject. The books discussion of free will and stewardship is really well done. I really enjoyed this one.

My next read is:





:::::::::::::::::::::Some Happy Kids:::::::::::::

We are Dr. Who fans at our house and the speculation was running wild with what was going to happen to The Dr. after being shot by the Daleks. The kids really like David Tenant, but I find that they end up liking all of the Doctors. We all liked how the season ended with the human/Dr. being left to live out his life with Rose. They did want Donna to stay a part Doctor, though. All and all, a great season finale.

::::::::::::::Eve's First Day::::::::

Eve has been really nervous, but here she is smiling at the bus stop:
Credits: Karen Lewis' Lil' Miss Sunshine at www.digitalfreebies.com
Font: DJB Sissy by Darcy Baldwin @ the Sweet Shoppe Designs
Curvalicious by Karin M. Designs






Aaron (on the right) with his friend Nick waiting for the bus:



::::::::::::I Saw This on Kim's Blog:::::
You Are Jasmine!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Independent and adventurous. You don't want much; just to break out of the guilded cage society has put you in and experience life to the fullest. Following orders isn't really one of your strong points, and you would rather live a life of poverty than being forced into something that you hate.


Which Disney Princess Are You?

::::::::::::::::10 YEARS:::::::::::

When I was walking to the park the other day I heard a song called "Beautiful" by a band called 10 Years. The lead singer has an amazing voice and the musicians are equally cool. Video of Beautiful. I love the line, "Silicon and stars collide, the rest will fall in line."

This song is pretty cool:



Cool Acoustic version:


Here is "Waking UP"



Take care! :)

6 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

That was a really cool acoustic arraignment of that song. Looks like I need to fine the tabs for it.

Chocolate Cat said...

Lovely photo of the kids ready to go back to school. Hope Eve settles in quickly.

Carol said...

Has the whole world gone mad on Stephenie Meyer? Am I the only one who hasn't read any of her books? Heck. Back to school, it sounds so funny hearing them starting school in the middle of the year. Eve will just love it I'm sure and come home full of exploits to share.

All That Chit Chat said...

Wow! What a post. I could spend hours here. Books, photos, video, lo's! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of the kids. I haven't read any of those books-they sound too scary to me. :-)

Danielle said...

wow your blog is a REAL blog! LOL dont see 'em like this very often! loved reading here and I will be back when I have more time!