Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, August 01, 2008

We Could Have Stayed Home...

...and watched this on t.v.!" said Noah, immediately after the first inning.



We were given tickets from friends of ours at church after the Court of Honor on Wednesday night. We had some good upper level seats directly behind home plate. Since we only had 4 tickets we were going to leave the younger kids with my mom who graciously said she would watch them. Noah's lip quivered when he found out he wasn't going. Michael put the situation before the kids and Rachel volunteered, immediately, to give up her ticket.

The weather was forecasted to be stormy so we were glad to be near the covered area. We also were given a parking pass and food vouchers. Aaron and I got jumbo hotdogs, he got a slushy, Noah a large Sprite and Michael and I shared a large Sprite and the tab came to $26.50. YIKES!
Noah kept asking if we won when people would cheer. Michael spent different parts of the game explaining the rules and I would interject at times, too. The rain came down during the 6th inning, but not enough to slow play. We just scooted 4 rows back and were completely fine. We watched the lightening play in the clouds. The first inning was pretty ugly for the Braves, but the team was able to convert some hits to runs and a couple of homers helped, too.
Michael told Noah he owed Rachel an apology for taking away her opportunity to go to the game because she would have enjoyed it more than he did. It was kinda funny to see how clueless he was about sports. I remember my dad, during my Summer visits, would watch every sport available. The only ones I would watch with him were baseball and basketball. My mom and Jim watch zero sports on t.v. and we aren't sports enthusiasts at our house. We don't follow any sports teams on television and our kids aren't athletic. However, Michael and I do think it is a lot of fun to attend baseball games (major and minor league) and hockey games. I am the only one in the family that will watch volleyball. I really like to watch Olympic games, but I think my family would rather watch paint dry. Oh, well.



Take care! :)

1 comment:

Michael Taylor said...

All things considered it really was a fun night. Noah's always just gonna be Noah. We'll just plan around it from now on and not make him sit through a six or seven hour game.