Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Don't Think I'm Quite Ready...


Those were the words that came out of Noah's mouth yesterday after he grabbed a Peanut Butter Blossom cookie. To prefice, Noah is a huge peanut butter cookie fan...the unadulterated version of the cookie, that is. For Family Home Evening on Monday we made peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and peanut butter blossom cookies. By last night all that was left was the Peanut butter blossoms (though I had eaten a few). Noah decided he might as well try one. He picked up the cookie, examined it for a few seconds then said,

"I don't think I'm quite ready for peanut butter and chocolate. Let me
just take this off."


Then, he popped off the Hershey Kiss and put the cookie in his mouth. He waited a bit, then ate the chocolate. Rachel and I just looked at each other and laughed. That kid is a nut.

An aside: Do you think baklava is a caloric blackhole. Where so many calories are concentrated in one piece that it will start sucking in light?

:::::::::::::Eve

She is home feeling a bit on the warm side. She threw up this morning a couple of times, but she is feeling better. Her eye is swollen in the corner from the kid throwing the chair yesterday, so she looks like she was in a bout with a prize fighter. She went out to play with the neighbors for a couple of hours after school, but by the time Michael returned home from work she looked weepy and lethargic. She siddled up next to him on the couch and fell asleep within five minutes. She was very warm, all over, by 9pm so I gave her some Children's Ibuphrophen.

We are going up to take a nap. See ya!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Those cookies look YUMMY!! I bet they'd make Eve feel better!! I hope she gets to feeling better very soon! :)

Sue said...

I am so behind reading bloggs. I am so sorry to hear that my little Eve was hurt in a chair throwing incident. Give her a kiss from Granny. I read all the blogs for the past few days and want to point out that My left knee is the bad one and my right foot is having weird pains and cramps. Could it be genetic?????? One wonders about these things.
Your cookie looks good and I wish I had some pink cotton Candy yummmy.
Love you, Mom

JP2E said...

I guess sharing any "extra" cookies is out of the question. I can't believe that Noah, the great experimenter, did not want to experiment with something as yummy as your cookies!!
Tell Eve we all feel for her and wish her a get well soon wish...

Anonymous said...

Hey Victoria. Love your blog for today. Emiley my oldest 17 came in saw the cookies and asked if we were going to bake today? So we might be doing just that. Here's my blog that I just started. www.superchick8.wordpress.com let me know what you think.

From Shannon Dunn (Howell) Tracy friend

Anonymous said...

Your pics are AWESOME. How do you scrap book dital pics? Could you email me with some details? I'm still learning sooooooo much about all this stuff!! Ricky_Shannon@comcast.net

Carol said...

Those cookies are absolutely yummylicious looking. Noah, you don't know what you're missing. I kind of get the peanut butter and chocolate thing though, I much prefer peanut butter and banana together, now THAT's heaven!