Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Happenings





Michael took the day off of work Friday and attended Turkey Tunes. Michael signed our stickers with the monikers "Yearbook Lady" and "Mr. Yearbook Lady". This is such a fun time to go to school and see the Kindergarteners singing and enjoying being thankful. Eve dressed as an Indian...Tribal person. Rachel's teacher gave her permission to come watch Eve perform. Eve stood next to her classmate Paul. They were fun to watch.





Saturday:



Michael offered to take me to the movies to see "Twilight", while the kids were at school. Aaron asked to go, so I decided to wait until Saturday. When Saturday rolled around Rachel wanted to go, as well. We went to the 12:10pm movie. The previews were nutty. I only liked the one for the new Harry Potter film coming in July. We had one lady who felt she needed to talk out loud to the screen. Let me tell you...if you ever wondered...I don't like it when people do this. I wish they would wait for the dvd and sit in their own house to make comments. I think Catherine Hardwicke did a great job translating the book to the screen. Robert Pattinson was not my vision of Edward when I read the book, but I thought he pulled off the character beautifully. He had the angst, curiousity and intense brooding you need for a damned soul that is tortured by his love for a human that he doesn't want to become like him. Kristen Stewart worked for me as Bella, too. The boy playing Jacob looks like he will be great for his more extended roll, which will come with the next movie. Michael liked Billy Burke, as Charlie. We all enjoyed the film. The make up was weird at first, but the make up artist toned down the white make up after several scenes in to the movie. Michael guesses that it is because the film maker wanted you to tell the vampires from the rest of the characters, immediately, then they could tone it down and make it not as stark.


Sunday:

I got to walk to the library with Rachel, after church. We read in the library for a bit, then walked home.

Michael made fudge...so scrumptious!

I finished a fleece blanket for one of the office staff at the elementary school.

I took a cold shower (which had nothing to do with the movie Twilight or my husband's hotitude). Our thermocoupler is kaput and I wanted to save the water we heated on the stove for the kids bath. Yikes, I would make a pathetic pioneer. Cold water makes me turn quite bluish, but bathing is a good thing!

Michael made beef stew for dinner. TASTY!

Rachel is finishing up a diarama for a school project on immigration.

Later!

4 comments:

klonghall said...

I missed being in the nursery with you today. I hope everything went well. I am finally feeling better.

You can always come to my house for a hot shower! I don't live that far away. I shudder at the thought of a cold shower in this weather.

Anonymous said...

I Love your scrapbook page. I think the picture is great, cute but still shows personality.

I'm glad to hear the movie was good. I've been debating seeing it because I didn't like the Edward they chose.

We also have hot water that we are happy to share. Just let us know.

Chocolate Cat said...

The movie hasn't been released here yet. I only bought the book the other day and that is only after I read about it on your blog a while ago. I can't wait to get started on it, that's if my darling daughter doesn't beat me to it!!

Anonymous said...

My kids saw the movie Monday. They said it was not as good as the book by a long shot and I told them it NEVER is!!! I wouldn't know cause I didn't read the book nor see the movie. But I feel the same as you I HATE when people talk during a movie or the previews! So people SHUT UP when you go see a movie or stay home!