Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fleece Navidad





Rachel participated in a 5th grade tradition at her school called "Snow Village". Her take on the project was to create "The Out Inn". She loved her play on words and her inn looked very cozy and inviting.


Eve created a graham cracker gingerbread house after eating a lot of frosting.


Rachel made this cool fish mosaic in her art class last month.


My sister-in-law, Melissa, gave this hoodie to me for my Christmas present. The hoodie says "Smile. Here comes the yearbook lady". So funny.



::::::::::::::The Mysterious Benedict Society and The Perilous Journey

This continuation of The Mysterious Benedict Society was quite a romp around the world with the children trying to find a kidnapped Mr. Benedict. I want let any more of the plot out, but we enjoyed the story.

:::::::::::::::::Attack of the Volcano Monkeys

The story is a fast-paced tale about Basil and Louise's adventures on Monkey Island. The kids hate when I stop reading, especially Noah. The illustrations are fantastic and a couple are creepy cool. We are half way through and enjoying the story unfold.

:::::::I still need to get some photos from Michael about Rachel's performance. Hopefully tonight.

Smiles and take care!

4 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

I hope I can stay awake for all of this episode of Basil's adventures.

Michael Taylor said...

I hope I can stay awake for all of this episode of Basil's adventures.

Chocolate Cat said...

I love the sweatshirt!!

Carol said...

What a most perfect saying on the hoodie for you. And so nice to see your beautiful face on your blog too !!