Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Good to the Last Drop...


Another Tag--6 Random Things About Me

The rules are:


* Link to the person who tagged you (Kim)
*Post the rules on your blog
*Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
* Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
* Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
* Let the tagger know when your entry is posted


(I could do more than 6... I guess we are all quirky!)




1. The title of the blog, "Good to the Last Drop", isn't about coffee, but how I am with liquid products. When most of the bottle is used up and most folks may throw it out. I prop bottles upside down to make sure I get the last drop out. This habit goes for detergent, hand soap, oil, o.j., and honey.

2. I roll my eyes a lot. There is usually something, daily, that I find ludicrous. It is so ingrained that I don't notice it much, but everyone does feel the need to tell me to stop it. I would...if they would stop being ludicrous.

3. I mix my food. I think why not use the mashed potatoes to collect other food bits...it makes things a bit more simple to gather. One of my favorite treats to "Mix Up" is vanilla bean ice cream, a little bit of milk and a generous spoonful of malt. Ample stirring and voila...a cold, creamy treat.

4. I like to read 2 to 3 books during the same time period. It is part of my scattered-random nature.

5. When I'm hungry I ask Michael to think of places to go eat. I shoot them down, one by one, until he comes up with that my stomach seems to agree on. It's one of those things that I don't know what I want exactly, until I hear it. He still gets miffed that I do this, but I have learned to tell him up front that I'm doing this, so it seems to ameliorate him a tad.

6. There is a huge bag of socks hanging by the dryer. I have this insane notion that I will find mates to each of them. I have this guilt about some poor person suffering because I was so wasteful as to throw away a perfectly good single sock because I couldn't find its mate.



That is one of my favorite Christmas songs.

Take care! :)

3 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

I so don't get how you can read more than one book at a time!! My daughter does this too and it drives me to distraction!!

Carol said...

I so totally mix my mashed potatoes with things too. How else do you pick up the peas otherwise??? LOL

Alyson said...

I am laughing at your number 6, I have a feeling when Kyra gets older and gets in trouble, her time out will be matching up all those single socks until i have pairs again lol.