Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, September 08, 2006

Don't Make a Spectacle of Yourself...

...just wear them! Rachel is officially nearsighted (20/175). Genetics at their finest! She has completed her new chrysalis phase of her transformation. She will now enter the very delicate phase of morphing into a beautiful butterfly. This transformation will take time and, I believe, a large quantity of estrogen! She was so excited to show of her new specs that we drove over to show them off to Grandpa Towhey. On the short drive Michael said Rachel was reading every license plate and street sign. Happily, Grandpa Jim was home and he was excited to see Rachel's new look. Here is Grandpa's blog comments and photo: Click Me!

::::::::::::::::::::




My husband suggested this oxymoron so this is what I did. I kept thinking about the new "Grillz" in the news (the braces with all the bling).

Tire Swing, Shirt collar and die from Stockexchange photos
Jewels and Monogram Alpha by Shabby Princess
Overlay by Nancy Rowe Janitz
Leather Alpha by Christie Lyle
Background paper from Monkey Doodle Doo by Christie Lyle and Robin Carlton (modified with a dry brush filter)
Braces a web freebie (modified with jewels by S.P.)
Monkey from Monkey See kit freebie on the web
Sunglasses by Dani B.
Grunge frame by Jessica Sprague


::::::::::::::::::


Good news: Noah is beginning to read better everyday! The school identified him for a special reading program and he comes home everyday and reads a book to us! YEAH!


:::::::::::::::::::

There will be a viewing for our little friend Tommy who passed away. Michael and I read his obituary and thought it would be appropriate for Michael and the boys to wear these:



Tommy's parents listed that he loved Spongebob, so we felt it was a simple gesture to let his family know we loved Tommy, too!

:::::::::::::::::::

I mowed the lawn...front, back and sides today. My stepdad, Jim, gave me his old push mower because he wanted to get a new one. I suppose he felt sorry for our needing a mower EVERY YEAR! I think the mowers we get are really made by some cretin in the pantyhose industry that moonlights in mower parts for a cheap thrill. In a bit of a pleading tone and in a bit of a snit I asked that my birthday gift, which doesn't come until May, be a self-propelled, easy start motor. I would like either a Honda or a Toro. I think I'm leaning toward a Toro (But don't tell that cretin in the pantyhose industry. He just get a promotion, or a job moonlighting in the Toro factory).

:::::::::::::::::::::

Tiger Cubs and Girl Scouts are starting in the next week, so I will put on my chauffers hat and gas up the Queen Victoria Family Truckster. Gas prices have moved down to $2.46. When we use our local grocery store loyalty card and spend at least $100, they take an additional .10 off per gallon.

Fall Homeschool Bowling league starts soon too. Aaron looks forward to seeing his friends again.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

SMILES!

1 comment:

janna said...

Love all of your ATC's.
And the tie too!
(((HUGS)))