Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, September 15, 2006

Eve's Day and a Trip to Stone Mountain:

What do you get when you turn 4? Why you go to the doctor and have a check up,...silly! Eve was game to go to the doctor late this morning. She is doing well. She is 38 inches tall and 32lbs. The doctor charted her at 16 percentile for height and 24 percentile for weight, or visa versa. Either way he said they were proportional and fine. Then came the news...SHOTS! The new recommendation is for a second varicella shot for chicken pox, so she got that plus, DTaP and her MMR. She was brave, but sore. I appreciate her trusting me and not jerking away. She got 3 stickers, which she was able to mutilate within 5 minutes of leaving the doctor's office. She put them on her legs and then pulled them off and waded them up. I'm not sure what I think about this, but she didn't cry so I guess all was well.

Then, we went to see Michael so he could have lunch with the birthday girl. She chose Chick-Fil-A. We got to say "hi" to one of our "outlaw" relatives, Elizabeth, who is the cousin of our sister-in-law, Laura Taylor. Elizabeth helps clean the tables in the food court where we stopped to eat. I'm pretty sure that Eve could live of chicken nuggets and ketchup. Eve would say Sprite, too!





This morning I made chocolate chip waffles for Eve and put a yellow twisty candle in them as a cute morning birthday surprise. She refused to blow the candle out even though Aaron, Rachel, Noah and I tried to convince her it would be fun and she could make a wish. I finally blew the candle out myself and gave her a kiss. A few minutes later she said, "I didn't blow out the candle because there was no pony on it and I didn't have a party hat!" (I got the ponies for the cake, but she was okay with no hat).

:::::::::::::::::::::


UNSOLICITED--- PRODUCT ENDORSEMENT:

Kid Knex are so COOL! Noah got this set for Christmas from his Uncle Stephen and I thought they were awesome!
He and Aaron love to play with the pieces and they have such personality! The set comes with big wide eyes are cool appendages. Eve really liked them too, so I got her a set for her birthday. Aaron was about to jump out of his skin to give her the present, so I let him go ahead and let her open them before the others came home. Then he sat down and helped her build every example on the box. TOO FUN! They have so many fun styles, so I included their site so you can see for your self:
CLICK ME

:::::::::::::::::::::::

Michael took some great photos of Noah while up on the mountain:

Noah doesn't only drive people up a tree, he's a Client!



This little boy loves to explore:


:::::::::::::::::::

While Michael was at Stone Mountain with Thing 3 and Thing 4, I took Rachel to her first Girl Scout meeting of the year with Aaron in tow. I will be making other arrangements next time, so Rachel can hang out with her troop with out Aaron acting as a catalyst for teen angst!

1 comment:

janna said...

Happy Birthday to your Baby!!!
My kids love Knex's too. We do not have that set yet.

Have a good weekend.