Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, September 01, 2006

Everyday Eve



This is a scraplift of an Iron Orchid Design for the Thursday night chat, but I couldn't get it to upload at the DST gallery.
Background from IOD's 9th Avenue
Dandelion by Donna Rafferty- Dandelion Kit
Fonts: Artistamp Medium, Jane Austen, Susie's Hand


Text: The neverending story is one of your more hilarious traits. With a lot of expression in your face, and animation in your voice, you tell me a story about princesses and dragons...AND...just when you think the story may be over you throw in another...AND... I love how you hide under the
covers in the morning, so we can play hide and seek. You love to gve me 7 decorative hairbows to put in your hair, so that you can pull it out in 5 minutes.
You pick out ballerina outfits as the perfect
thing to wear to the library where you proceed to check 13 books
that you can't wait to read with me! You love animals, especially Jasper your
pet ferret. Everyday you ask to play on www.pbskids.org and www.barbie.com.
When you "design" a new outfit on barbie.com you ask me if I think it's "Stylish".
Your favorite color is "Lello", which is perfect for your cheerful
silly personality. When you really like something you say
it is "Cutesie Wootsie". If I'm not paying attention to one of your stories you grab my
face, or the back of my head and turn it to what ever you want me to see.
You tell us every night that you want to go to sleep with us instead of your room with Rachel. To get you to sleep in your room daddy lays down next to you at family reading time and pats your back gently or just holds you and hopes you fall asleep. You maintain the belief that every girl is a princess and every lady a queen. Everyday your imagination is the largest part of your day and I find you fascinating!

No comments: