Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

ROTFL:



I checked my friend, Janna's, blog and she had a YouTube video by Weird Al. I think my family and I have watched the video 10 times.Click Mefor the White and Nerdy video by Weird Al. If you have an affinity for M.C. Esher (I love his drawings), Star Trek (I lean toward Jean Luc Picard...watch the video and you will understand), and like bowling you will get a huge laugh out of this song!


Coolio and Weird Al with their happenin' coifs:



Weird Al has a new album coming out so I guess this is my blog "Pimping" for his new form of satire. He has a great website: Weirdal.com

Here is a link to a song called "Don't Download This Song" that, in fact, you CAN download: Click to Listen

Another favorite of mine is rather recent where Weird Al parodies James Blunt (I don't like falsettos, so this is hilarious to me): The song is called "Your Pitiful"
Click here for link. This link takes you to the article about the song on the NPR site, which in turn has the hyperlink to the song. It is well worth it!

I hope these links provide you with a laugh!

2 comments:

janna said...

Oh, I love Werid Al!!! In the 80's I had all of his tapes. We would listen to them at Girls Camp. But the new song is to die for. We have watched a ton too!

Love the ATC's and new LO's

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

I cannot stop laughing!! The "dancer" is the best part, methinks. hahahahahahaha
I also lean toward Picard. I think it's the accent. Or maybe it's the bald head...hmmm... ROTFLOL

I've watched this about 10 times since yesterday, and showed it to 20 of my closest friends.

Thanks, Victoria! :D