Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

New Noahism and K9:

Noah called out for me to help him wash his hair, so I had him choose between strawberry and blueberry smelling shampoo. He choose the blueberry and as I was washing his hair he had this serene smile come across his face. He said, "This smells really good...like fresh blueberries...from the freezer." I couldn't stop laughing and called Michael into hear about fresh blueberries...from the freezer. Noah was instantly ticked off and told me to stop it. I told them that he was just so clever that I wanted to tell his dad. (I don't think he bought that explanation).

:::::::::::::::

My dad came over to start working on the house yesterday. Rain was in the forecast, of course. Most important endeavors in our lives involve percipitation. Anyway he got started deconstructing the chimney where we have water damage, so he could assess the items he would need. Then, we drove to Lowe's and picked up several items. The rain started coming down light and steady at about 11:30a.m. Aaron and Rachel were "in charge" in the house while I stayed outside to hand my dad the nail gone and move debris out of the way. Aaron came out to help for a little bit.
Michael is having a garbage bin delivered on Monday for construction debris, so Aaron can earn money by moving the garbage from the backyard to the bin. I told him I would pay him $5.00 an hour if he kept a steady pace, but if he picked little bits up one at a time he would get .50 cents an hour for being slack.
My dad's parting words for the day were, "See you when it's not raining!" Today is is pouring down, but tomorrow looks pretty good for a bit of sunshine.

::::::::::::::::::
3 of the 4 kiddos have a dental cleaning appointment today, so I will check Rachel and Noah out of school at the end of the day. Eve seems to like the dentist office visits, too.

Aaron's appt for cleaning is next week. He goes to a pediatric dentist who specializes in cases where children have a lot of anxiety about any procedure. Aaron also has a severe gag reflex, so getting x-rays is pretty much nil.


::::::::::::::::::

My children were so funny the other night while we were watching a new season of Dr. Who with David Tenant as the Dr. Sarah Jane who was a previous companion during the Tom Baker time period was on the show with K9. K9 added a bit of comic relief and ends up making a logical decision that saves the Dr. and all the humans, but destroys his metal body. He ends up getting all spruced up by the Dr. and goes off with Sarah Jane. Rachel's tears of sadness instantly changed to joy and she began cheering for K9. "Yeah, he's alive!'" I felt the same way and the other kids were overjoyed. I think it is so funny how we attribute so much to characters and even robotic ones that are not supposed to have emotion themselves. I suppose we see "humanity" in anything or anyone who does something without gain and what we see as compassionate.
I just wish K9 was on for the long haul! "Yeah, he's alive!"

No comments: