Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Where is that cord?

Well, I have pictures of Spencer and the Rain Gutter Regatta...on the camera. Michael has misplaced the uplink cable. I will try to get some photos up tomorrow.

:::::::::::::The Rain Gutter Regatta:::::::::::

The only mild fiasco of the evening was the rain gutters weren't sealed when the leader poured water into the gutters. Nothing like a quick trip to the hardware store for some quick sealing caulk material to get the heart a pumpin'!

This was only a hiccup in the grand scheme of things. The boys all did a great job on their boat designs. Noah's was green with a sort of flame job and a dragon on the sail. He was quite sure of speedy victory. I suppose he hasn't read about the superstition of sailing men which goes that if you announce your victory before it has been won you tempt fate and will most likely be defeated. It is merely a superstition among sailors, but this night we weren't to prove it false. Noah lost both of his heats. He is a rather forceful blower and that sent his sail side ways and he could never get the hang of slow gentle blowing.

There was little plastic medallions for the boys (Noah wanted metal...there is no pleasing this kid...trust me)!

::::::::::::::::SPENCER:::::::::::::::::

After the Regatta we called to see if it was okay to visit Spencer and his parents at the hospital. They said sure so we loaded the Queen Victoria family truckster and brought our rambuctious crew to meet their new cousin. Spencer is a sweet and mello baby...so far. I can't vouch for future behavior, but he was a doll while we were there. Rachel was so excited to hold him and so was Aaron. Eve was shy and Noah was being a loud mouth. (Can you tell he was getting on my nerves?!?)
Spencer's little head was full of handsome dark hair and he had the cutest little round head. He also has a cleft lip and palate, so I was interested on how to bottle feed him. Marcus had mastered the feeding part and was a great teacher for anyone who wanted to learn the method. Eve wondered why his face was different and we explained that Spencer was fine, but just needed a couple of things sewed up. This had to be explained to Noah, nicely at first, then a bit more sternly in the hall because he didn't seem to get it.

I got to change Spencer's diaper. I know most people hate that part, but I feel it is a cool thing because you are able to help a sweet baby be comfortable again after a bit of a nasty experience. I can only imagine that babies simply can't figure out why the end opposite their head explodes every once in a while...and "hey, can't somebody get that nasty stuff off me?" Projecting...I know!

::::::::::::::::CHIMNEY:::::::::::::::

My dad made a lot of progress on the chimney yesterday. One of our neighbors, Art, came up to offer my dad any assistance should he have something heavy to lift. Art also commented that he liked the new house color and then realized it was just the primer color that is put on the Hardiplank. I laughed because I like the primer color, too!

I got to help dad by using the wire brush attachement on his drill to sand the rust of the chase that goes on top of the chimney. I really enjoyed cleaning that thing.

While my dad worked on the house I worked on pulling wild raspberry vines and trimming edges. My dad brought his gas powered weed eater. Boy, I like power tools and lawn equipment.

::::::::::::HIGHLAND GAMES:::::::::::

Mom and Aaron are going to the Highland Games today and Aaron really likes watching the games. I hope they have a good time.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

janna said...

Iguess you found your color!!!
(what color is it? Gray?)

sausan said...

Hi Victoria! I'm really curious to see the pics of the rain gutter regatta! Sounds like fun! And of course the pics of sweet Spencer..the card you made is too cute!
I finally managed to catch up with my laundry and when you wrote that you have a DH that knows how to iron I had to smile, as I'm one of the rare women (so it seems) that have a hubby that irons, too. He was not a Marine LOL but he does his and my shirts and stuff and all the things he needs for the office, and belive me : he's better than me!! So I only have to do the kid's stuff which is already pretty annoying to me ....

Hope all is fine and you and your family are well (sounds like it when reading your postings), so your german friend is sending some autumn wishes over to you and says "see you soon" Take care,

Sylvie

Anonymous said...

Victoria:

I joined Sue for the evening portion of the Highland Games and heard that everyone had a great time especially Aaron. I was laughing when Stephanie told me that some of the ladies in the "daytime group" were buying chocolate and Aaron said "What is the deal with women and chocolate?".

Aaron is so funny! That made me giggle inside when she repeated it to me.. Too cute!!

Suzanne