Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Photographer and the Horse:



Be Trusting kit freebie on Kim Christensen's blog
Font: Misproject, Franklin Gothic Demi Cond


Text: Baby Julia Sue Harris seats nervously on top of Sally the horse. It was common for a photographer to go around to homes in the community, so parents could get their children's photo taken.

:::::::::



Template by Jen Caputo,
Pink Pepper Kit by Zoe Pearn from her blog,
Sequins and journaling tab (Florist Kit) by Sandra Boddington at The Sweet Shoppe Designs
Alpha from the Splendid kit by Shabby Princess
Font: Century Gothic


:::::::::::::::::

Neighborhood Bullies:

Aaron was riding his bike and a one of the neighbor boys threw a rock at him and hit Aaron in the side. Aaron came in clutching his side a fell into the chair. He didn't even say what had happened until I asked. When he told us Michael jumped up and had Aaron go next store and confronted the boys. There were two kids, but the one that threw the rock has tried to taunt Aaron into fighting him. The other boy used to be friendly to Aaron until he started hanging out with "W." Michael made sure the boys were aware that if any harm came to Aaron again police would be involved. He also informed both boys they were not permitted to walk through our yard. "W's little sister, "J." is pretty rude in her own right. I think the children are rather indulged by their parents because they are divorced, but both live in our neighborhood.
Both of these boys have moved here within the span of a year, so I assume we are in this for the long haul...JOY! As these bullying situations go the bullies will just wait out the trouble a bit then look for opportunities to get Aaron alone and without witnesses and threaten him. I hope this doesn't keep Aaron feeling like he can't freely go and visit his friend in a nearby neighborhood. I suppose I could get my tail out in the garden and be beautifying the yard, as well as, being a bit of a watch dog.

:::::::::::::


Michael tried to burn the house down tonight. He attempted to make the kids some brownies, but left the oven on broil. Rachel came in from outside and asked, "What's burning?" I ran into check and smoke was beginning to puff out of the oven. I thought burning stuff was my job! I really think Michael needs to learn his roll in the family and stop trying to infiltrate my realm of poor cooking habits! Sheesh!

2 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

Our oven has two knobs. One that turns either the top unit on, the bottom unit on or them both off and a second knob that controls the temperature. I started making brownies last night and had the oven preheating to 350 degrees when I noticed that we didn't have any eggs. So I turned the oven off. Well Victoria had picked up some eggs and I went into my normal routine. However, I'll bet I just assumed that the temperature knob was still set at 350. Appearantly Aaron had made something for lunch and turned it up to broil. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to somebody else in the house cooking.

janna said...

I downloaded Kim Christensen's blog freebie too. I haven't had time to use it... but it is very pretty! Love that photo of your mom too.

My DH never ever cooks or bakes. (Only on the BBQ)
Be thankful.

& BTW- We have burnt pop corn smell at our house... (Brittany's doing)