Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, April 28, 2008

Phone Call

Scary news this morning: I received a call from my niece, Jessica, to tell me that my dad was at the hospital due to a heart attack. She gave me the cell number to reach my stepmom, Alice. She answered and she was in such a flustered state that she had just missed the exit for the emergency room. She said she would call me, as soon as, she knew anything more. I called Michael and my mom to let them know about what was going on. I went ahead and took Eve to school, then took a walk to the park. When I returned Alice had left a message to return her call. She said that the doctor's are uncertain if it was, in fact, a heart attack. He was still in emergency, but would be admitted for more tests. She said she didn't need anything, but to call her later. My dad is a tough old rooster.

:::::::::::::::News of a Different Sort:::::::

Karen Lewis has invited me to her creative team and I have been working with some of her colorful and clever designs. Here are a couple:




This is the start of a Mother's Day Album of things I do with my children. I love the retro look!


Total "Mom"-Sense Collaboration Kit by Karen Lewis & Danielle Engbretson


http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/product.php?productid=17958&cat=0&page=4

Curly Swirly Alpha by Karen Lewis: http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/product.php?productid=17723&cat=0&page=2

Font: DJB DAWN by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick

http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=21

additional font: Another Typewriter



My daughter playing with one of her cousins!



A Month At A Time Date Stamps by Karen Lewis at The Digichick

Lil’Miss Kit
http://digitalfreebies.com/store/ind...737333c6b75b1e

DJB JENNA by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick


All catch up with the weekend information later.

Take care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victoria:

I will be praying for your DAD. I am sending love and hugs your way!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

If you need kid sitters or meals so you can help take care of your dad, let me know.

Stephen