Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Update

Hey all! Thanks for those who called and emailed about my dad. I just spoke with my stepmom for another follow-up. My dad is home. The doctors found that he was negative for cardiac enzymes, which indicate a heart attack. He passed his stress test and blood work. They are uncertain what caused his excruciating pain. He woke up with his jaw numb and his left arm completely numb, the other day. He has been in pain for about 2 months, but doesn't complain about things. He is a worker and is always up early to do things and for him to complain it has to be pretty horrible. My sister, Katherine, has made an appointment for further tests with another physician. They will try to determine what could be causing his symptoms.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your prayers and kind words!

:::::::::::::A Walk in the Park x 2:::::

I did my 4 mile walk, yesterday with a little bit of sprinkling rain. The clouds blew away and the sun came out shortly before I finished. Then, when Michael came home from work he invited me to walk with him. I wasn't going to pass on a chance to walk and talk with my sweetheart, so I donned my shoes again (my fabulous 7eeee's of joy!) We had a 4 mile walk to the park, around and back. We discussed the podcast of the wave/particle duality from Astronomy cast and extrapolated that to a comparison on evolution and creationism. Light walking topics, indeed!

For today's walk I listened to Astronomy Cast discussing "Space Junk" and "Detectors". I don't only listen to podcasts; I also love a bit of Earth, Wind and Fire to get the feet going. :)


::::::::::::::Another Layout for Karen Lewis' C.T.:::::




My daughter using her hands to eat her potato salad because she didn't want to bother any one to get her a fork.

Total "Mom"-Sense Collaboration Kit by Karen Lewis & Danielle Engbretson

http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/product.php?productid=17958&cat=0&page=4

Curly Swirly Alpha by Karen Lewis: http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/product.php?productid=17723&cat=0&page=2

Font: DJB KIRA by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick
http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=21
additional font: Another Typewriter, CK Double Mou

:::::::::::::::Getting Ready::::::

The overnight Zoo trip is tomorrow and the weekend has In-Gathering for Rachel. Michael will be teaching a Wilderness Survival class for the Boy Scout merit badge. My mom is such a blessing for helping out with Noah and Eve while I'm gone! Thanks, MOM!

:::::::::::::::NSD::::::::::::::::

National Scrapbook Day is May 3rd and there are going to be amazing sales and freebies around the digital community. Check out www.digishoptalk.com forum for some great information. Dawn Inskip has made an amazing collaboration kit with Heather Manning that will be coming out for NSD. Y'all will love it! Anna Benjamin will be having a new gorgeous kit at scrapbookgraphics, Darcy Baldwin and Karen Lewis will be having some AWEsome stuff at The Digichick. Keep your eyes peeled for all of the cool designs for preserving your memories, or just an exciting creative outlet!

Take care and smiles!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I hope they find out what's going on with your dad soon. That's scary!

janna said...

sorry to hear about your dad!
Take care!

Shanna said...

overnight in the zoo you are a brave woman! WOW! LOVE the LOs!

KristiYaYa said...

You certainly are a busy mom and busy scrapper and busy blogger and..... well, I'm exhausted just thinking about all that you do!
Love your scrappings. I'm going to hunt down the Karen and Danielle retro set...its sooooo cute!
Still in my prayers!
Kristi

Carol said...

Oh good Lord Victoria, I'm a bit behind with my blog reading and then read about the worry you've been going through. I do hope they'll get to the bottom of why he's been in pain. But isn't that just typical, these guys who are hard workers, they feel pain but put it down to general aches and pains from the work.

Love the layout. Yes, a fork is a must for potato salad. ROFL.

Anonymous said...

Rachel is a sweet girl who is always concerned that no one be bothered. She needs to speak up - Lord knows everyone else does. Love the layout. I may need to get proper shoes like yours. My FEET HURT.
Noah and Eve will have fun with Granny and Grandpa. I just hope the preK isn't too disappointed that I can't bring my "brokent" bagpipes tomorrow.