Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

It's Fun to Read!

::::::::::::::::::My Current Reading List:::::

I'm really enjoying this bit of mystery in Shangri-La. I'm a little over half way through and the book is intriguing. I really like the primary character, Conway.

...waiting on the bedside table is...


This has been, off the charts, popular so I decided to check it out from the library. I'll let you know if I'll be jumping on the vampire bandwagon.

::::::::::::::::::To The Farm::::::

Granny Alice took Rachel and Eve to the farm to play and, maybe, ride a horse. They were excited to take a trip to Alabama.

:::::::::::::::::Cub Scout Camp:::::

Noah enjoyed his day, which included leather work. His leather piece was shaped like a rocket ship. He said, so far, that is the only thing related to space they have done, but he looked forward to more of the theme to come out in the next couple of days. We swung by the store and picked him up a water gun because Wednesday is really more than just Wednesday. It is...Wet Wednesday! He came home and practiced. When Michael brought Aaron home from a few hours of lawn mowing and porch cleaning, Aaron took the opportunity to practice with Noah's water gun. Can you guess the target?

::::::::::::::::Hot:::::::::::::::::::

It was a bit steamy in HOTLANTA, today. I went for my walk at 9:30 and by 10:30 I was a bit wilted like my Butterfly Bushes. I read a chapter of my book and took a shower. The excitement never stops! Michael has set me up with some new podcasts from Astronomy Cast and Wait Wait, so I'm stoked for my morning walk.

Take care! :)

2 comments:

JP2E said...

Lost Horizon is a CLASSIC!! I have read it at least twice that I can recall, and I loved the original film adaptation.
Aaron and I had a great afternoon. We talked and laughed and he did a really good job on the front lawn and back porch.
Back yard still to be cut to earn the time and money for his scout camp. He also volunteered to help paint later to earn some cash to by his sister a gift - GOOD KID...

Anonymous said...

I need to just sit down in here and write all these wonderful books down and hit the 1/2 price book store, they all look awesome!

Have a wonderful day!!!