Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Such a Nice Coinkeydink!

::::::::::::::Don't I Know You?::::

...asked the beautiful, older lady behind the desk at the middle school where I had gone to get registration information for Aaron. I smiled and said, "Aren't you Ms. Rackley?" I told her my name and we laughed as we got reacquainted. She was my 7th grade teacher. She also happended to be Michael's 5th grade teacher. She recounted to one of the teachers in the waiting room how 14 years before we had met up at the local department store where I was working in the office/gift wrap area. She had come in for a baby gift and I was wrapping her present and talking about life. Then, Michael walked up and I introduced her to him as Ms. Rackley and he said, "No she isn't. She is Ms. Davis." He and I both had a wonderful year as her students. She is still a personable and beautiful lady. It has been such fun to reconnect so fondly every decade or so. I'm glad she remembers us both as fondly!

:::::::::::::::Tennis Style:::::::

Playing along with the Catscrap blog challenge. Here is my dd, Eve, at Tennis Camp in her Strawberry Shortcake sunglasses.


Credits: Birgits Retro paper
Catrine's Pauline Alpha
Ida's Doodle Alpha
Birgits pearl from the Primavera Collab

Fonts: DJB MISS LIZ by Darcy Baldwin @ www.thedigichick.com
Ck Cursive


:::::::::::::::::::::::Family Swim::::::::::

We loaded up the kids and Aaron's friend, Isaac, and went to the local pool. The kids were excited to have me go down the water slides. One was super fast and the other meandered more. Both were fun. Michael and I alternated buddies with Noah and Eve. I can hardly believe that Noah can make it all through the water park by himself. Near the end of our pool time Eve decided to jump in the pool. Michael said, "Do a belly flop!"
I said, "No, don't!"
Eve said, "OKAY!"...FLOP..."I want to do it again!"
So she did...over and over. Noah got in on the act, too!

They thought it was a riot to jump and smack their tummies into the water. I think if they were doing this from a diving board the outcome would have been entirely different.
We left the pool a bit water logged and sloshed off to dinner at Arby's for roast beef sandwiches, curly fries and popcorn chicken. Michael and I grabbed small jamocha shakes.

Afterwards, everybody bathed to get the nasty chlorine off our hair and skin.

Take care! :)

6 comments:

distresseddiva said...

How cool it must be for your kids to have the same teacher as you did! Lucky ducks!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Lovely to read your blog!
Chlorine is VERY nasty, isn't it?
Interesting to read that your previous teacher was your child's teacher, too! Small world!
You have a busy, interesting blog...
Stella
http://stellarificcreations.blogspot.com

Chocolate Cat said...

Your day at the pool sounds so much fun!

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

belly-flops! LOL I hated those, but could never get the hang of diving. *sigh*

Sue said...

Oh that is wonderful that you saw Mrs Rackley. I remember her, too.
I know the little wee ones had a ball in the pool.

Carol said...

How absolutely cool about the teacher, I love things like that.

Your tennis layout is superb, I really like that krafty type paper, I think it lends a great background to pages.

As for the belly flops, tell the kids we call them "belly whackers" down here! hahahahaha