Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, June 23, 2008

Original MTV Kid

Yes, I'm one of those that bemoan the glory days of MTV. I haven't watched MTV since 1988, but while I did watch it it was such fun. I loved seeing the bands interpret the songs while I jumped around the room and sang along. One of the videos I always watched out for was, "Electric Avenue" by Eddy Grant:



This song just was my crazy personality:



I love this one too:



And now that I'm older I really love the sound of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones:


::::::::::::::::::::::My Own Shutterfly Site::::::::::

Please clickie on the hyperlink on the left side bar and check out the beta version that Shutterfly is introducing of a web page photo share site.


::::::::::::::::::::::First Day:::::::::::::

Rachel said she loved her first day at College for Kids at Mercer University. She has already made a friend named Camille. She is writing a historical poem that is someone you view as a hero...I think that is what she said. She was throwing out names and I suggested Abigail Adams. Rachel did a paper on her and adores her. I think my suggestion was accepted.

Michael picked her up from school and took her with him to his aphersis appointment. He said they treated her like a queen. They gave her a shirt and snacks and let her watch the Disney Channel.

::::::::::::::::::::::Eye Appointment:::::::

I took Aaron for his check up and his prescription has changed a little, but the optometrist said to wait and see if how comfortable he is in class with seeing the board. If he is having trouble, then come in and get the new glasses.

:::::::::::::::::::::Vacation Layout:::::
This layout includes the reason we took the route we did for our Summer vacation:


Take care! :)

6 comments:

Tammy said...

*dancing in my chair* I am a product of the 80's MTV and I loved it back then. You made me think of all those great songs. Thanks

Not Everyones Mama said...

Me too on the 80's! I loved the music! I miss the music!

I love the layout! You always do such beautiful pages!

Unknown said...

Ooohhh brings me back to those long nights, sitting in front of the tv watching video after video after video and hoping they would play more Adam Ant and less Hall and Oates. LOLOL! Great page too! Sounds like your daughter is going to be begging to go to the doctor in the future!

AfriDigiDiva said...

I 'm loving those layouts!

Lisbet said...

Awake in the night and cannot sleep. Decided to get some inspiration for the week so I began to jump around on blogs to see if my eye can catch some new ways. I´m really happy that I came across your blog and I have stayed much longer then I should at your place. Thanks a million for all the inspiration.


www.digiscrapp.blogspot.com

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

When my dad moved back to the area that I attended 2nd and 3rd grade, he kept running into my old teachers. He's got a "rememberable" face. :)

The videos are a hoot! I'll have to find my 2 fondest videos and post them. :)