Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, June 16, 2008

Prepare for Awesomeness...

:::::::::::::::::Family Reunion Layout:::::

These photos are from last year, but I just finished the page. Here are Spencer and his parents:


Credits: Catrine's Explore Solids and doodles, Kate Hadfield's Doodle Frames and Heavy Duty Staples, and Spring Fling Collab (retired), Meredith Fenwick's Caution brushes, Something Blue Studios Teeny Tiny Alpha, Jenna Desai's Calendar brush, Font: Trashed

:::::::::::::::Some Fun With Expressions of Life:::::::::





Credits: Dawn Inskip's Expressions of Life

New Beginnings

Weather Station

NDISB
http://www.ndisb.com/store/index.php...oducts_id=2864
TTS
http://digistore.treasurestoscrap.co...oducts_id=1552
Scrapin Scandi Style
http://shop.scrapscandistyle.com/ind...acturers_id=43
Font: DJB DAWN by Darcy Baldwin @ www.thedigichick.com


::::::::::::::::::::Kung Fu Panda:::::


Michael and I took Aaron to see Kung Fu Panda on Saturday. What a goofy movie. I giggled and guffawed a lot. The scene with Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman's characters with the dumplings and chopsticks was hilarious. The opening monologue is a riot, too! Mantis and the acupuncture scene hurt my sides. Funny stuff! I enjoyed the message of the movie that there is no secret ingredient, but to believe in yourself.

Jack Black's timing makes me laugh. He reminds me of Robert Downey, Jr. with that wonderful bit of sarcastic wit that makes them endearing and clever. As Po says in the movie, "There is no charge for awesomeness." Oh, but they will make you pay to see the film, sorry!

:::::::::::::::Errands:::::::::::

I have a few things to do today, so take care, peeps! :)

8 comments:

~*Jennifer*~ said...

Great layouts! I'd like to see Kung Fu Panda, but there are so many movies I want to see right now, I think I'm going to wait to see that one on DVD.

Unknown said...

I think there's a difference between Jack and Robert, though. Robert's always seemed as though his humor comes from a darker place while Jack appears more together and comfortable in his own skin. Love them both, though. The movie sounds adorable and I can see I'll have to take my young son soon.

Miranda Barten said...

I just love Dawn's wordart and you have made great layouts with it!

AfriDigiDiva said...

Those are really beautiful layouts.

20Birds said...

we need to get to that movie...and that top layout witht he sun and the duck and wordart made me smile

Chocolate Cat said...

I think I've finally convinced my 13 year old to come to Kung Fu Panda with me next week when school holidays start!!

20Birds said...

victoria in the remember layout at the top os this post, where did yoeu get the world "doodle'?

Carol said...

Kung Fu panda looks like so much fun. As for your pages, wowser.

I'm so with Rachel about looking on the bright side. My cup is always definitely way over half full.