Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, June 13, 2008

Scouts

:::::::::::::::Scout Camp:::::::

Michael's blog shows the flag at half mast for the 4 scouts who lost their lives during a tornado in Iowa. My stepdad, Jim, wrote a blog about what happened and it was a wonderful tribute to those boys. There was one particular scout that looked just like Aaron and my eyes spill over with tears and my heart aches with recognition. My prayers are with the family and friends of all those who are suffering.

::::::::::The Guitar Man:::

My husband is teaching himself to play guitar. He sits down with any time he can scrape together and practices.

Credits: Remember When Date Stamp Brush by Karen Lewis http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/pro...273&page=4

Catrine's Explore Solids paper, Aged Frames, black chalked alpha

Birgit's Retro paper and Retro leaves

Christina Renee's Stamped words freebie at DST

Darcy Baldwin's DJB Teeny Bopper Darcy Baldwin's DJB TeenyBopper font http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/pro...273&page=2

also DJB MICHAEL

Katie Pertiet: frame




::::::::::::::How I spent My Summer Vacation::::

1. Mowed the grass...ran over poison ivy in the backyard. (I wonder if there are cortisone speculators like they have for oil?) The weather was really beautiful.

2. trimmed a tree (I have no SKILLZ at this and the poor thing looks sillier than it did before, but I can see the cars and kids a bit better as I back out of the driveway.

3. Used the weed eater on the edge of the road in front of my house. I really enjoy this activity. I did, however, put off weed eating a large patch in the front yard that has...WAIT FOR IT...WAIT FOR IT...Poison Ivy. I know, I should just go for it. What are a few oozing lesion awaiting my dear spouse who hasn't seen me in a week.

4. Listened to my kids giggle while watching Napolean Dynamite and Murder By Death.

5. Digiscrapped

6. Washed and folded clothes.

7. Shopped at Target

8. Told my kids to clean their rooms a GAZILLION times. (Note to self, repetition is not necessarily effective).

9. Fed those kids of mine who are too slack to clean their room.

10. Mediated umpteen squabbles.

11. Read a few books...I liked them, too.

12. Enjoyed several walks in the park, while listening to podcasts from Wait Wait and Astronomy Cast.

...Summers not over so we will see about next week! :)

***Edited to add this exciting Digi-News::::

Check out EVITANGEL for an amazing new free kit designed for Gabs by Nathy. Gabs is having a blog party to celebrate her 15,000 visitors. You can get a gift and help her continue on to her next big number!

Take care! (((hugs)))

11 comments:

Teresa said...

that is so awful for the boy scout camp :( I love your guitar lo :)

RachelV said...

Sounds like a productive summer so far. Very sad about the boy scouts. Great layout!

Leigh said...

I am proud of the boy scouts who did what they were trained to do, but so saddened by this tragedy! Your list of the week is great! Feel for ya on the poison ivy. I always end up with a cortisone shot at the dr's office as I am highly allergic!

Barb said...

So sad about the boy scouts.

I like your list too! Great reading this morning!

Michael Taylor said...

Great post. I miss you guys.

ps. double check the link to grandpa's blog.

Creative Junkie said...

I don't think I could ever have a week wacker in my hands because just the thought of the damage I could wreak with it would give my husband an immediate heart attack.

Loved your list!

Amanda said...

ahhh summer...the heady aroma of poison ivy, the delightful sounds of children arguing, the visual stimulation of a messy house. What more could a mom ask for?

Laura said...

It is just horrible what those boys went through. They are true heros!

Beautiful LO!

Not Everyones Mama said...

The boy scouts just break my heart. That didn't happen to far from where I am from - I mean, I'm in Iowa still, but that's my home town up there, and we were really nervous waiting for word from family members up there. prayers for the family of those boys.

(((hugs))) Victoria

(I took my blog link off of my header, but if you don't have it and want to visit still, let me know!)

Dawn Inskip said...

that's a really sad storyhun.

on the upside - great layouts and photography

movefearlessly said...

sounds like a fun summer to me! stay out of the poison ivy!