Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Are Your Powers For Good...


or for AWESOME?!

This family has such heart and are amazing in so many ways:


Sungha Jung is a music prodigy from Korea. I spent an hour with Michael watching Sungha's music on youtube. Here is one of my jaw dropping, favorites:


:::::::::::::::Michael::::::::::::

Little things mean a lot...

Talking to a couple of parents let me know that these boys and assistant leader were nervous about the exposure going up to this climbing area. They all worked through their fears and climbed each route. These small moments that test us, refine us and I'm glad Michael is a part of that.




:::::::::::::::::Orthodontist:::::::::

Rachel is home from a 2 night sleeper from Chez Sabrina. She was able to go sailing with Sabrina's family a couple of times. She was so tired when we got home, but was able to catch up on 3 chapters she was behind from our family reading book, then we read another chapter. We are off to the orthodontist for a check up on Rachel's progress.

Peace out!

3 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

When I grow up I want to be just like Sungha.
Definitely "for Awesome".

Sue said...

I have seen the Dad and his son on TV before but this was so much more information and so good. Of course, it made me cry. Thanks for putting it on your blog.

I hope the trip to the orthodontist is successful. I hope Rachel enjoyed Sailing. The rock climbing trip looked like such fun and adventure for all.

janna said...

Love those flair buttons.

I agree. I would totally be scared to death climbing those rocks. My brothers do it though.