Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, July 14, 2008

It's Really Nice...


when others who love to do what you do say that something you created stands out. I got a sweet message from Lauren Pieters that my layout of Eve made it to her blog called "Gallery Standouts".

Brand new today Blossoms by Dawn Inskip
NDISB: http://www.ndisb.com/store/index.php...e=products_new
ScrapScandiStyle: http://shop.scrapscandistyle.com/ind...oducts_id=1504
Treasures to Scrap: http://digistore.treasurestoscrap.co...oducts_id=1615
also caterpillar and butterfly from Fresh kit, painted circle from Balance is Beautiful, filmstrip from A Little Sunshine, Embossed Alpha set 1, flower from Evitangel Collab

Block template by Emily Merritt
Font: CK Cursive


::::::::::::::::::Poor Little Creatures::::::

It must have been a rough night near the park on Sunday. I went for my 5 mile walk to the park and back and there was a dead snake and a dead chipmunk. The skate park was covered in fresh graffiti. It was a bit of a downer. I didn't see any of the park regulars that are particularly smiley. I don't talk to them much, but they usually have a sincere smile to offer. I have names for them in my mind, so here are the names of my park pals:

1. Smiley, sweaty red-head lady
2. guy who leans right when he runs
3. Sweaty smiley guy
4. Samuel L. Jackson (no, it isn't really the actor...but he sure looks like him!)
5. Fishing hat guys (2 older guys who always walk together)
6. Hoss jogging chick (she laps me constantly)
7. Pretty pony tail, jogger girl
8. Cranky guy with the dog (He hasn't smiled...yet)
9. Roller Reed (I actually know him through church members, but he is to busy flying by on his roller blades to do much, but wave and smile

Now I suppose I would be: Sweaty lady with mp3 and a ball cap.

Well, I'm showered now and I need to organize my utensil drawer...Will the excitement ever end??????

Take care!

9 comments:

SarahB said...

What a beautiful layout! Love the little cropped pieces of the photo!

Anonymous said...

Love your pink layout, it's beautiful! Congrats on being mentioned in the gallery standout blog!

Anonymous said...

Tell the sweaty lady the the mp3 and ball cap Congrats on the awesome layout. It is kewl to be noticed for things you do because you love to do them.

Danielle said...

LOL your names crack me up! congrats on the gallery standouts! LOVE your page!

JP2E said...

I thought the tribe named you "She who counts rod-kill"...
Maybe we can get the scouts together to paint out the grffitti, I have some free paint for that very purpose. Let me know...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so nice that your lovely talent was recognized!

Thena
http://thena.typepad.com/

DawnMarch said...

I used to be a runner, but gave it up because of the typical knee problems. Now I'd be Gasping for air, doubled over in pain lady. . .

janna said...

so do you have a face book?

add me janna billman

Carol said...

Oh Victoria! I saw that page in the Gallery Standouts but didn't realize it was yours. BRAVO !!!