Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, July 21, 2008

Blog Award

I received this award from my cyber pal, JulieP.


The rules of the award are:

1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.

2. Link the person you received your award from.

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.

4. Put links of those blogs on yours.

5. Leave a message on the blogs you've nominated.

So, here are my nominations:

1. Jim's blog. For good or crazy he posts about my kids and the different perspective is great to see.

2. Michael's blog. It is nice to break below the surface and he does.

3. Rachel's blog It is nice to get a kid's perspective.

4. Heather's blog. She has the best use of exclamation points and her enthusiasm is infectious.

5. Marcus' Photography blog. They say a picture is worth a thousand words...yep, I would guess that is about right.

6. Melissa's blog. Her kids are a riot.


7. Donna's blog. She, Ed and sweet William are so fun.



I know I'm not the only one who forgets why I'm in a certain room, then stare around in a fog trying to figure it out.


:::::::::::::::::::Conversations with Noah:::::::::


Last week, Noah explained the about Star Scream from the show Transformers. His telling of the story was quite thorough and serious. My attention was drawn near the end of his tale when he stated that Star Scream was hit my the All Spark, which allowed his to be immortal. He used bits of the All Spark to create clones of himself.

"The first clone was a liar, just like Star Scream. The second was a Suck Up.

Me: The second one was what?

Noah: A suck up...you know.

Me: Yes, I know what a suck up is, but I wondered where you got the phrase.

Noah: He made tons of clones and one of them was a girl.

Me: Really?!

Noah: Yeah, but on the show when he asked the girl clone why she came out a girl she said, "You don't wanta know!"

::::::::::::::::::::::::Brotherly Love::::::::::::

On Sunday Eve was brought to the nursery. I am one of the nursery leaders at church. Her teacher was concerned because she was crying and said her throat hurt. He asked if she was allergic to anything and was extra concerned because she doesn't cry. I thanked him for bringing her to me and assured him it was just a plain sore throat from looking checking her out. Michael popped in to see me in between classes and checked Evey out too. Since we had 13 children in nursery he offered to take Evey home.
After church was over Aaron needed to stay after to have a meeting with the bishropic since he is the president of the Deacon's quorum. Rachel, Noah and I were standing in the hall when Bro. Beach grabbed me to do a Board of Review for one of our scouts working on his First Class. It only took a few minutes to go over the basics, then we asked some questions and gave some suggestions for further advancement. Afterwards I decided to wait around for Aaron's meeting to finish. When he walked out of the Bishop's office I said, "We decided to wait around because you are so important."

Noah piped up to say, "No we don't. I just stayed around because I didn't want to walk home!"

Rachel responded, "That's so nice, Noah!"

Aaron didn't get offended. He just laughed knowing Noah says what he thinks.

::::::::::::::::Postponed Walk:::::::::

No sitter...no walkies. Since Rachel and Aaron are out with friends I didn't get to walk yesterday and will have to wait until tonight to go with Michael. I feel like a slacker. I think I'll go rearrange Rachel's room in the interim.

Peace out!

4 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

Noah's honesty is both very refreshing and very disconcerting at the same time.
;)

JP2E said...

That feeling you get when you can't recall why you went into a certain room is a symptom; And it has a name.
When you get old enough you pass right through your golden years to your "goldfish" years. Thats when you enter a room, forget why your there and marvel at the "brand new" thought you had. Goldfish are surprised every time they circle the bowl and "discover" the castle again...
Welcome to your "goldfish" years.
By the way; Insanity is hereditary - YOU GET IT FROM YOUR KIDS!!!!

Kate Hadfield said...

Hhmmm, I think I'm in the goldfish years too. My four year old asks me, "Did you forget what you were doing mummy?" at least once a day!

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

I have a little bean in my stomach swimming around....does that qualify me for the goldfish symptom? ;) I do that all the time. In fact, when I went to Facebook to look for the flair buttons, I got lost in the GreenPatch. Then I had to go back to Facebook, because I hadn't looked for the flair! bah!

which reminds me...can I be your friend on Facebook? I can't find you....