Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Front Porch Conversation...

::::::::::::Another Page for Noah's Baptism Album:::::


::::::::::::Wednesday Happenings::::::::
1. Made breakfast for the kids.

2. I walked 5 miles and listened to Astronomy Cast's info on Uranus, Neptune and Pluto/Kuiper Belt Objects (there was an error in the download for Saturn's moon, so Michael is going to fix it for me soon).

3. Broke up a gazillion squabbles with the kids.

4. Rachel slept until 1:00p.m., got up and 30 minutes later got a call from a friend for a sleepover. She left at about 2:00pm.

5. Aaron went and played at his friend's house up the street. He said he would rather play with his friend than see the laser show. It poured down rain, so he and Ethan jumped in the torrents of water...with delight.

6. Played Mille Bornes with Noah and Aaron. Noah toned down his trash talking. I won game one by 25 miles. Aaron won game two. Noah is seeking a rematch!

Nothing to pithy to say, so I'm off to other endeavors! Take care! :)

2 comments:

klonghall said...

I didn't know anyone else played Mille Bornes! It was a family favorite in my house growing up. We, too, were quite ruthless as we played. I had not thought of that game in years. We had a computer version on the first computer Donnie and I bought when he was in college. It's not as fun, though, to "stick it" to the computer as it was to do so to one of my brothers. Good times!

Sue said...

We must find out about the schorships available for World Jamboree. I am looking so forward to playing Mille Bornes with the children.