Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Granny Used to Belly Dance?!?!!!

These pictures were so disturbing to my 11 year-old son! I don't think my children realized their grandmother had a life before her human "planet" came to revolve around them. My mother had a lot of fun belly dancing in the 70s. She taught me how to roll a coin up and down my stomach (which, sadly, I haven't been able to do since I was about 10). I loved everything about belly dancing, the music, the veils, the finger cymbals, the coin head pieces, jeweled belly button pieces, and the bra with bells that jingled with every movement. I also liked the metal snake arm band that was an upper arm cuff.





1 comment:

janna said...

Wow your mom was flexible!