Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, July 10, 2006

We All Scream for Ice Cream:



paper by Michelle Coleman from "Good Karma", Alpha by Carrie Stephens, computer paper from Gina Miller's Note This, chip board arrow by Dani Mogstad, Fonts: Pea Martha, Walt Disney Script, Pea Beth, Pea Becky, Pea Angedawn, Pea Nancy

If you get a small fortune and can go to Disney World The Flights of Wonder bird show in Animal Kingdom is extremely well done. The birds are amazing and the keepers are great with the birds and the crowd. My husband loves eagles, falcons and hawks, so this exhibit was right up his alley.
They have a gorgeous owl who can not fly at the entrance to the exhibit to greet the visitors. Even though owls look quite heavy they weigh almost nothing.

Michael and I were quite tight on our budget when we went to Disney World, but we let the kids have ice cream treats. They were thrilled and it perked them right up in the middle of a hot day. We went in February, which is an off season time for the park. The lines were long, but manageable. I seriously can not fathom crowds during peak season. I don't have the patience to stand in lines more than about 30 minutes, but we met with little to no lines or maximum of 15 minutes of wait time. I must tell you that I think the Fast Pass Idea was great. We would get an extra fass pass using Eve's card on rides she couldn't pass the height requirement. This allowed us to ride things more often and quicker.

I was thinking, as I looked at the kids eating ice cream, that most people eat treats that are animal shaped ears first. Mickey Mouse lost his ears first during our ice cream break. This treatment, I believe, would extend to animal crackers and peeps. Just an observation on the human psyche.

1 comment:

Michael Taylor said...

I typically never even order an ice cream for myself. But, it never fails that at least two of them have me finish their pre-licked sloppy treats right about the time they reach the thaw point of 33 degrees.
And I wonder why I seem to always have a cold. :P