Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Playin' in the Sand can be so much Fun:

...just ask Eve!


Text: Eve's favorite place to play at the park is in the sand box. Swings are a close second. She loves to repeatedly bury her feet in the sand.
When she finishes playing she wants every grain of sand removed, PRONTO!


Background paper and small alpha from Havana Kit by Jan Crowley, Beachy Alpha by Monica McClain, filmstrip by Jen Wilson, leather rose element, paper strip, hang tag and woven cloth by Michelle Coleman, fonts: Pea Angedawn, Susie's Hand.

I'm not sure if there is any kid who has ever existed who doesn't like playing in the sand, making forts, sand castles, and burying their toes only to have their toes suddenly escape their sandy prison to reappear and have to be subdued over and over again! Their is a limit to where I put sand, though! I was DISTANTLY acquainted with a little boy in preschool who would run behind the tree at recess and scoop handfuls of dirt up and eat it. I was highly disturbed by this behavior. In my later years I learned of the disorder called PICA where people actually crave dirt because they lack minerals. UGH! From start to finish that is just a bad deal! I suppose you could eat Wheaties or something, but hey, I won't eat Wheaties either. I'm a Rice Krispies (original...thank you) with not too much milk. I say that because I do NOT like to drink the milk left over after I have finished eating my cereal. Disgusting stuff in my mind! When I was a kid and we got the extra cool junkie sugary cereal like Sugar Smacks, Captain Crunch Berry, or Fruit Loops I would eat those with NO milk because the syrupy sugar mess it created was too much. I ended up with raw skin on the roof of my mouth from eating my cereal commando, but I found this a better alternative to heaving up some nasty sugar milk. Oh, the diatribe we do weave we we type to...(no deceiving here).

Have a great weekend! We plan to go canoeing in the lake near my folks house!

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

When are you going/did you go canoeing?

I KNOW about the raw mouth-roof. ugh! When I hit puberty, cereal started making me sick...turns out I'm lactose-intolerant. yay. I need to buy stock in Lactaid.

btw, "eating my ceral commando" -- ROFL!!!