Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, July 02, 2006

That's My Noah

I am relating a story that happened just a bit earlier today. I was drawing bath water for my daughter Eve when Noah came up stairs to ask if he could have a brownie. I must digress here for a moment and discuss the phrase "drawing bath water". This term starts Michael on a diatribe of asking how do you "draw water? Do you use a crayon, a marker, how do you do it?" HARDY HAR HAR! This phrase of drawing bath water was used by my grandmother from Alabama, then my mother and now me. I suppose the phrase comes from when people physically had to draw water for the baths from the backyard well. Sometimes I sprinkle in the phrases, "Run the bath water", or "Turn on the bath water", but these phrases don't suit me as much. I feel like run the bath sounds like something you do in Barcelona. Turn on the bath sounds a bit risque (I don't get out much, obviously!).

Back to the original reason of this post: Noah wants a brownie.
Noah: "Mom, may I have a brownie?"
Mom: "No, your father said you couldn't have another one."
Noah: "But dad is not in charge of you. You can do what ever you want to do."
Mom: "That is true, but your dad has made a decision and you aren't going to play me against him. So, if you want a brownie you are going to have to talk to him."

At this point Noah walks past me and emphatically states: "Well that STINKS!"

That's my Noah!

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

ROFL! Oh my goodness. Stinky indeed.