Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Year of the Watermelon:


Gypsy Rose Paper (melon) and tag (Summer Whimsy kit) by Michelle Coleman, paint strokes by Rhonna Farrer, black prong by the Shabby Princess, Grunge frame by Jessica Sprague, Fonts: Artistamp Medium, Bored Schoolboy, Pea Alisha, Pumpkinseed Medium, CAC Shishoni Brush, Mailart Rubberstamp, Stamped DSG, Sketchy

2006 is really the year of the watermelon. Every seedless watermelon my mother has purchased is ripe, sweet, and juicy! Totally high on the Yum-O-Meter! My daughters are loving the process of cutting into the watermelon and then munching down on large chunks of juicy, ripe goodness and allowing their chins to drip the stick nectar of the gods...that would be the Southern Greek gods, I believe (maybe Zeus' cousin Cletis or Bubba?).





::::::::::::::::

I'm sporting a lovely blister on my heel from walking in a, mostly new, pair of sneakers. The kids were mashing on it in sacrament meeting. I was told it was "COOL and WEIRD". I just laughed and thought about how weird my kids are. Michael and I are trying to do a lot more walking at the local park. We took the kids by there last night to check out the bullfrogs and the ducks.

::::::::::::::::

Aaron and I went to see The Pirates of the Caribbean II: The Dead Man's Chest. I thought it was an interesting romp. I, especially, loved the sword fighting scenes. There is a great scene with Johnny Depp and fruit that I found hilarious. I suppose everyone of the cast has resigned for another sequel because this movie ends with a cliff hanger of what happens to Cap't Jack Sparrow. My favorite characters were the guy with the wooden eye and his companion. They were used to explain things that would, otherwise, have taken too long. The other thing I found about macabre, yet funny, was the running gag with shooting the immortal monkey.

1 comment:

janna said...

Yummm those pictures make me crave watermellon