Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Reminiscing about 2003



Felt flower add on by Holly McCaig, Font: Pea Nancy, and everything else is from Jen Wilson's Delighted papers, and elements kits.

This is a photo of my family taken on 4th of July 2003. We were at my Mother-in-law's house to take a group photo of all of her children, their spouses and the grandkids. This was the first family photo without Rog. I miss that guy a lot! He never missed a hugging opportunity with anyone and he loved his grandkids. He loved to discuss topics of all types, but especially religion and philosophy. Michael has followed his father down this path, but I find it frustrating Rog isn't around to be a better sounding board and discussion partcipant that Michael could really use. BTW, the link to Michael's blog is on the right hand side of the screen entitled: "Free Philosophical Discussions". This title is an homage to Rog's page of the same title that we had for our family website.

It is so cool to see how the kids have grown in the last 3 years. In the picture Eve's hair was just hinting at a bit of curl. Since then she has had a mass of beautiful blonde curls and then, found my crafting scissors and cut them all off. Now her hair has a soft lilt to it, but no mass o' curls. Aaron still has glasses, but he has lost some of those teeth, he's facial features are more chisled and has some cool blue metallic, rectangular frames. Rachel has long hair, braces and a much goofier smile. Noah looks ever more like my granddaddy Bill Harris. He is built like a little square linebacker with beautiful eyes and big ear lobes.

I told Noah that he was built like a "truck" and he told be very seriously, "I'm not built like a truck, God doesn't build like that!"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Back to present day. Eve was sick yesterday, but since she started this spewing business before eating breakfast it was a very manageable experience. No having to scream "Clean Up on Aisle 6!" I just had Aaron run and grab fresh towels when I needed them. The only unfortunate experience was after a tummy full of water and a severe episode of reverse peristaltis. I think Spew is the perfect word for that episode. I believe it was somewhat akin to a whale surfacing because it was mostly water, but just a wee bit gross.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm going on a lunch date with my husband, so y'all have a lovely weekend!

No comments: