Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Another cool music site...but different:

Michael found this amazing site that showcases the digital graphics and musical skills of some person who is trying to sell his dvd, but there are several sample videos of his work at Animusic. I warn you that these sample videos can be completely mesmerizing! Our kids were astounded by the exact timing and all of the funky instruments that were used. Check it out! FUN STUFF!

:::::

NEWS OF THE WEIRD...in the Taylor home...
Noah has developed this double eye blink this week. I found it kind of annoying because it was like talking to Barbara Eden on crack (I Dream of Jeannie...that one), and I asked him to stop. He said he wasn't doing anything, but that his eyes were dry. For the last 3 days he has been doing this, so I started to worry about it today and pointed it out to Michael and we would watch him when he wasn't aware anyone was looking at him and there was that double blink. My first inclination was that it was a physical manifestation of the all out tantrums and bickering he has with Aaron. He cries so much from arguing with Aaron over Legos and any misspoken word that comes out of Noah's mouth...and trust me Noah doesn't back down wrong or right...that he has little pimples on his cheeks from the salty tears. We went to Six Flags this morning and the first chance Michael had, which was about 9:00pm he got on his laptop and looked up causes of "eye twitching" and this is what he foundBlepharospasm
. I have never heard of such a condition, but after reading the symptoms I was looking for Noah's photo on the website as a prime example. Here is an excerpt from the website: "Blepharospasm usually starts with abnormal or excessive blinking that is accompanied by general eye irritation. Early on, the excessive blinking may only occur as a result of being exposed to bright lights, being tired or if you are under a great deal of stress."

ARGH! as Charlie Brown would exclaim! It is good that school is starting soon, so the boys can have a break from each other for a bit each day. TOO SAD!

:::::

On a lighter note two silly things from my kids:

I asked Noah to turn down the t.v. because the volume was up too high...Noah's response, "It's not as loud as it sounds".

----

After Finishing her breakfast the other day Eve drills me on a few things:
"Mom, did you talk to Heavenly Father and say in the name of Jesus Christ? Did you remember Tommy and Teresa? Did you say thank you for the food?

I said, "Oh, I forgot to say the prayer over the food because I was on the phone talking to daddy. I'm sorry."

Eve's response: "Then you are out of the game, mommy!"

...I have to say she might be right! Boy howdy I got a good laugh from these two!

Have a great weekend folks!

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

My brother had that condition, I think.. At least, he blinked all the time like that...and he had 7 sisters, methinks that's constant stress??!!!


WAY COOL music stuff!! I will have to watch it again tomorrow when the rest of the house isn't asleep. LOL