Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, August 07, 2006

School, Books Finished and Books to Read:

Next week public school starts here and I will keep Aaron's home school schedule the same as their schedule. Aaron has a certain idea as to what is "FAIR", and any deviation from what his siblings are doing is "NOT FAIR"...can you just hear the whining echoing out of your computer speakers? Rachel will be a third grader and Noah will be in First grade. Noah's class is one that is really a readiness class, but since that category is not funded the school integrated this slowed down class into the regular first grade. They will be required to learn the same things, but on a slower pace. Noah still can't read or write very well, but his retention of math and science facts are exceptional. Eve will stay home with Aaron and me and go to preschool next year.
As far as, home school I think we are going to have to go back over Latin fundamentals because the declensions just weren't retained. I need to find a science program I like, but I will be requesting all the History Channel, WGBH, and NOVA programs I can get my hands on for supplemental information. I have some watercolors and acrylics for art projects. I signed Aaron and Eve up for a group that will have him working on the Presidential Fitness Program and they will regularly work on running and cycling. We will continue the home school bowling league, too. I am looking into a Fencing program, but their schedule is not up yet. I would like to get them all into swimming, but that money tree I planted appears to have dried up and died...BOO HOO!
::::

I just finished reading The Thirteen Gun Salute by Patrick O'Brian. This series simply flows due to excellent character and plot development. Capt. Aubrey and Dr. Maturin are stranded on an uncharted rocky island in the South China Sea at the end of this book and I am anxious to see what happens next. I went down stairs and placed an on-line request with the public library for the next book A Nutmeg of Consolation.

My mom loaned me a couple of grammar books...which you can probably tell I haven't read, yet. The books are by Lynne Truss, Eats, Shoots & Leaves and Talk to The Hand. Maybe, after reading these books, my entries will be more coherent...just, MAYBE!

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

Homeschooling?? You go, girl! :)

*writing down the books on my every-growing list*