Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Where Fairies Were Born:


Fairies: Hope Wallace
Pram: Free Vintage picture at Flickr
Baby Photo: My mom
Background papers: Good Karma
Glitter: Michelle Coleman Birthday elements


Quote: When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. By James Matthew Barrie

This was for the Teesha Moore Challenge in the altered/collage section.

:::::::::::::::::::

Today is picture day at the public school, but I've finally worn my kids down and they don't ask for money to buy their pictures. It may seem cruel, but I hate most school photos. I buy the yearbook, but the photographers for most school picture programs have little to no clue how to take a photo. They also don't have time to get a good shot, so alas I don't send money. Rachel took this lack of payment as tantamount to saying that I think her pictures are ugly. I just told her we would go to a better photographer to get a picture of her lovely face.

::::::::::::::::::::

This week is covered up with places to take the kids, so I will sign off now!

1 comment:

janna said...

I hate the high priced school pictures too!

Cute LO too