Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My handsome brother and some layouts:

If you want to take a peek into the life of a profoundly autistic adult check out my stepfathers hilarious blog. My brother, Denny, has some interesting habits and I am convinced he is telepathically linked to my kids. Now, I'm not sure who is in charge in this situation, but I tell ya it gets kinda weird.




Circus Kit designed by Sandra Boddington at Sweet Shoppe Designs. Notepaper: Magnolia Kit by Katie Pertiet
Fonts Used: Stamped DSG,Pupcat, Too Many Secrets, Artistamp Medium, Tempus Sans ITC. Hand Stamped Alpha by Michelle Coleman.



Kit design by Melissa Rose at Liddy's Loft



Sketch by Jen Caputo.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::

My kids are into vintage cartoons. I picked up a dvd pack at Walls...mart one day and gave it to the kids. Popeye was their favorite for a month. Now their favorite is Little Audrey. I can't find a decent photo of her on line, but the kids laugh out loud whenever they watch.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Another show movie...50 First Dates with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler is a film we borrowed and Aaron and Rachel really liked. I, especially, like the end of the film. It is not a Hollyweird ending.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

School is going okay for Rachel and Noah. Rachel is keeping up her chatty ways...I've signed both notes from the teacher, but she likes school. Noah had a blast in science class. The teacher did a word assessment with him and he knew 45% of the words.... Did I tell you he liked science...!

Aaron has not been cooperative at all!!! ARGH! FUME! SIGH! Oh well! He does want to learn some history stuff and music. I have a few Usborne internet-linked books that are pretty cool! For health I had him read about puberty! He was creeped out, but that is normal for lots of folks. Michael has started Aaron's astronomy class. Michael is using his college book and outline as a basis for the class. Aaron thought is was a cool idea until he had to READ! SURPRISE! Did I say...ARGH! FUME! SIGH! The Teenager was arrived...!

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

My boys also really seem to like the vintage cartoons. I can't STAND them, so I have to put on headphones whilst I sit at the computer (which is almost right next to the TV). K really likes the "bouncing ball" songs.

puberty! yay. LOL