Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

...and Now For Something Completely Different:

We like to say our youngest son is a little different. He most likely has dreams of taking over the planet with the use of 6 story tall robots and some cool magnetic devices. He is also fascinated with hammocks and escaping from them, as we discovered during our family reunion in July. So, I present to you (pretend you hear the fanfare playing):

Noah Taylor -- Mindfreak


Text: Noah's idea of a good time had some escape artist overtones. He asked Michael to take a carabiner and clip him into the hammock. After about 20 minutes he couldn't figure out how to escape and he needed to go to the bathroom, so he called for help and Michael released him from his self-requested confinement.

Text on photo: You have to Start Somewhere!

Criss Angel logo from the internet (modified)
Background Paper: Oil Paint paper by Gina Miller
Frames: Photo Cluster 5 by Nancy Comelab
Rubberband by Kate Hadfield
Numbers: Old Proof Sheets by Christina Renee
Font: Arial, DJB ANNALIESE, DB Michael by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick


:::::::::::::::::Cookies:::::::

Today I made several dozen peanut butter cookies. Noah was my taste tester and with his mouth full gave me a thumbs up and walked off with two more clutched in his little hands. I had promised a week ago to make him some peanut butter cookies and I also had an appointment to go visiting teaching, so the whole two birds with one stone analogy worked quite well.

::::::::::::::::::Eye Update...Update::::::

The doctor said the abrasion has healed. I can read to the fifth line down on the eye chart. Things still have a bit of a ghostly doubled effect, but that should be gone soon. And lunch with Michael and the kids was nice.

::::::::::::::::::Right, They're Cleaning:::

The kids have been given the task to clean their rooms. It has been slow going...think continental drift since the time of Pangea. They have assured me that they are on task, and to prove it they have brought me photos of Jasper, or very cute ferret, sleeping upside down on a grocery bag in Aaron and Noah's room. They are trying to prevail on me with cute furry photos, but I'm not falling for it. Well, he is quite an adorable ferret.



:::::::::::::::::The Best Time of Day:::::::

Here is a great article from Real Simple about what times are best for certain tasks. I thought I started cleaning at 4 p.m. because Michael got home at 4:30 p.m., but now I know it is just the right time to get started. I love that!

Smiles!

4 comments:

janna said...

What a cute LO of Noah! It gave me a good chuckle!

Carol said...

Noah Houdini huh? My goodness what a funny layout. Sometimes every day life is just the perfect thing to scrap isn't it? This is what memories are made of.

Anonymous said...

OMG what a great Layout!!!!!

Gina.Maria said...

Your kids want a ferret, so they're cleaning their room? Gawd, does that sounds familiar! Mine wanted a hamster and their dad OK'd it once the room met with his approval.