Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, August 04, 2007

D'OH!


Yes folks, I pulled a Homer Simpson this morning! As I stumbled out of bed for nature's call I went to brush some hair from my eyes. I managed to, instead, poke two fingers in my left eye causing an abrasion. I curled up on the bed and as my eye burned and teared up. We went over to my mom's house and she put a patch on it that I kept on for awhile. Since Noah had an eye exam scheduled Michael encouraged me to come along. The doctor asked me what was wrong with my eye and I told her what I had done. She finished up with Noah, then checked my eye.
She put some anesthetic drops in and some drops that allowed her to see the abrasion that shown bright under blue light. She said, "You did a number on your eye! It looks like the shape of Texas!" Her solution was to put a soft contact with no perscription on my eye to protect it and prescribed an antibotic that would be put in my eyes ever 30 minutes. She also dialated my eye so the eye muscles wouldn't constrict. Her office is closed tomorrow, Sunday, but she has to stop by her office and asked if I could drop by so she could check my eye. I would also need to come by on Monday. This doctor was super nice.
BTW, Noah has a slight astigmatism and is slightly far-sighted. She said she thought he saw well enough without glasses, but gave me a prescription for glasses that could be used for reading only if the teacher notices any problems.

::::::::::::::The Bourne Ultimatim::::::

DO NOT HOLD POPCORN OR DRINK...you will most likely toss it in the air as you go along with Jason Bourne on his adventure to square one.

The jerky camera movements and frentic pace conveys the intensity of the situation Jason is in throughout the film. The stunts are spectacular! I really enjoyed Joan Allen's portrayal of someone trying to maintain integrity throughout all of the films. She is smart and takes risks. The trio of Bourne films is like a repentance process for Jason Bourne and you see him literally and figuratively try to cleanse the blood from his hands. Two thumbs up!

BTW...here are two errors in the film that I noticed that have no impact on the quality of the film, but I thought it was funny that continuity didn't pick up on it:

1. the character called Neal Daniels is also spelled Niel Daniels on documents in the film.
2. Jason Bourne's blood type is listed as A+ on one document and O- on another.

SEE...I was paying attention!

:::::::::::::::::::::Ignite:::::

is the band my husband's friend Dave plays with. He is their bass player. We got to listen to them play outside a church in Tucker. They sounded great! My mom came along and enjoyed herself, too! To see a photo check Michael's blog. You can also see the new cool climbing shoes and chalk bag that Michael picked up for Rachel.

My eye is aching so I will go now!

Smiles from the winky one!

No comments: