Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, August 06, 2007

So Shines a Good Deed...

in a weary world!

Text: Eve was very timid about going into the surging water on the Hurricane Deck at the American Falls in Niagara, New York. A teenage girl asked if she would like her to take her to her siblings already in the water. Eve shyly took her hand and braved the rushing waters. I appreciated the kindness of the young girl and how brave my little four year-old was that day!

How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a weary world.
~William Shakespeare


A young teenage girl offered by daughter, Eve, a reassuring hand. Eve was to timid to follow her siblings into the falls, but wanted to go. She was able to overcome her fear with the encouragment of this girl. I really appreciated this young girl for her act good deed and my daughter for being brave.


Ceres Spring kit: Jackie Eckles
Cardboard Edge: Amanda Rockwell
Write It Down kit: Little Dreamer Designs
Crimped Alpha: Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick
Cardboard Frame: Kate Hadfield
Date Stamps: Amber Clegg
Fonts: DJB Juliana in a Hurry, DJB Mandy, DJB DOODLY DOO! by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick
Journaling Highligts: Jackie Eckles
Brown Punched Alpha: Andrea Cox
Doodle Alpha: Weeds and Wildflowers
Water Doodle: Ida


:::::::::Eye Update:::::::

The doctor said my eye looks a lot better. I still get don't have clear vision in my left eye. The top row of the eye test is even a ghostly blur, but I'm sure it will improve soon. Another perk of my injury is getting to have lunch with my husband after my check up today! (I'm sure there are a gazillion better ways to get a lunch date, though!)

My dad has cataract surgery on Tuesday, so maybe I will be more empathetic. Best wishes, dad!


::::::::::::::::Songbird Avenue::::::

This beautiful kit was designed by Robin Carlton, Meredith Fenwick and Jan Crowley.
This month’s proceeds will benefit the Make a Wish Foundation! Check out their amazing work!




Smiles!

5 comments:

Jen U said...

Oh wow what a wonderful LO, love your journaling! :) This is awesome! Hope your eye gets better soon and enjoy your lunch. Prayers for your Dad too! :)

Sara E said...

beautiful journaling and LO!

and I hope your eye gets back to normal soon :)

katg1006 said...

That is a beautiful layout!! I love the journaling and what amazing kindness that young girl showed your daughter. I wish we would see more of that now a days! Your daughter is very brave...I would have been not so happy myself :-)

Kara said...

such creative journaling and I love the colors too..you found the perfect quote!

~~jan crowley said...

thank yo for blogging about songbird avenue! :)