Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hairspray!




Arrows from the Cora kit by Amanda Roberts
Font: Journaling Hand/Arial
Comicbook Junkie kit by Jan Crowley
Graphic border by Katie Pertiet
Shimmer Solids by Gina Miller

This is a layout using one of my mother's photos and I'm sure she will appreciate my homage to the film!


What a fun movie for girls night out with my mom! We laughed and laughed. I almost choked on a Milk Dud when Christopher Walken had a scene with a pile of Whoopie Cushins. The songs, costumes and vibrance of the movie was infectious...in a good way! John Travolta is hilarious as Edna Turnblad and Christopher Walken was my favorite character. Amanda Bynes has some great one-liners referring to her mother, played by Alison Janney. James Marsden was fabulous as Corny Collins, the host of the local dance show, which reminds me I want to see him in the upcoming film this Winter called "Enchanted". I was tapping my toes throughout the film and the message of the movie should never get old. Two thumbs up!

:::::::::::::::::::Dentist Time:::::::::

I'm working on another vacation layout, but I need to run for my teeth cleaning appointment.

Smiles!

4 comments:

Mrs. Burns said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie! And great LO! I'm sure your mom will love it!

Shawna said...

Oh I've been wanting to see Hairspray but with a 3 month old I don't get out to many movies LOL! Glad you liked it!

Unknown said...

Great layout! Thanks for the movie review, I want to see that myself. Sounds like it was good.

Carol said...

Oh the movie sounds like fun, and what an awesome picture. She looks like a movie star, your mum.