Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, August 20, 2007

Time Warp

If you have ever seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show and/or a fan of the varied Star Trek show franchises this will get your day off to a rockin' start! Grab your rice and have a great time! Let's Do the Time Warp Again!


::::::::::::::The Order of the Phoenix::::::




Michael, Aaron and I were able to go see the movie on Saturday. We all enjoyed the film. The portrayal of Doris Umbridge was spot on! I have met too many people in my life who subscribe to her way of thinking and procedure and they make my skin crawl. There is that scientific discussion out about how much of our brains that we actually use and under this type of regime you wouldn't need a brain at all. The somber and sinister scenes were appropriately murkey with muddied greens, greys and blacks. Alan Rickman always does a superb job as Severus Snape! The Room of Requirement is such a handy place. I was wondering how mine would be equipped? I imagine it would be a self cleaning library (the kind with shelf after shelf of books and you need a rolling ladder to get to the top shelves) with a comfy chaise and a window seat. Anyway, the movie was very well done and I David Yates direction took a lot of information and presented it rather well.


:::::::::::::::::Doctor's Appointment::::

for Eve today. It's her well-child check up. I don't know if she will be needing shots.

4 comments:

Monique said...

OOooh I can't wait to see the movie! I just finished reading the last book in the series and I always love seeing the movies after 'cause they always do such a great job with them! Anyways, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the DR appt! I always hate taking hte kids to get shots. Makes me sad :(

Gina.Maria said...

Oh, isn't it a wonderful movie? I just shake my head at the naysayers who think the movies are a disappointment after the books - well, for cryin' out loud, how could a movie possibly capture exactly what is in the imagination of millions of readers? Glad you enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

Loved the time warp! Thanks for sharing.