Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So, What is The Tooth Fairy Exchange Rate?

This was a question that was left out of the many financial queries Noah had a couple of weeks ago when he lost his first tooth. I just got around to creating a layout about this rite of passage:



Darcy Baldwin: font called DJB AMANDAG at The Digichick
Kate Hadfield: Big Staple, Doodle Alpha, journal tape, glitter tape
Tiff Brady and Kate Hadfield: Wordy Bits
Jenn Patrick: Backward Staples
Natalie Braxton: Boy Buttons
Katie Pertiet: frame
Emily Merritt: Messy Brush Add-on, word toppers
Bren Boone: Luscious Solids
Font: CK Good Point/ Trashed
Weeds and Wildflowers: "smile" from Gina's blog freebie (modified)
Ashley Olsen: Thought Bubble
Meredith Fenwick: Naked Stamp
Catrine: Journal arrow
Rachael Young: Stamp Stamp Alpha


Noah was crunching some crazy numbers trying to figure out how wealthy he would be if he lost all of his teeth at once. This isn't a Noah only thing. I've heard other kids ask the same question.
I was in a half sleep pondering things like...do you think shark mothers leave her egg casings and swim off because she knows that her brood will loose teeth constantly throughout their lives and she doesn't want to be debt to some "Loan Shark" for the Tooth Fairy money? I did preface that sentence with the admission that I was in a kind of twilight sleep:)


::::::::::::::::::::Music Practice:::::::

For Family Home Evening I had the kids practice the songs for our Church's children's program. They swayed like the old classic Coke Christmas commercial. I wanted to give them candles...but hey, my kids and hand held fire...not a great idea. Rachel was the best at remembering the words, Noah was the best at turning sideways and grabbing Rachel and knocking her on the couch, and Eve was best at turning to face her sprawled, half-singing siblings and trying to lead the music. We went through the entire list of songs and were able to massacre them all. Noah was the classic mumble mumble, then sing the chorus clearly and loud kid. I get to lead all of the kids at Church this Sunday in a practice for next week.

For some reason I remember fondly and with a bit of silliness the classis Kumbaya. This simple song was one I sang along with at the Baptist Summer camp my Stepmom sent us to as kids one year.

::::::::::::::::::::::In The Womb::::::



The kids watched this with Michael and thought it was pretty cool.

:::::::::::::::::::Cave of The Dark Wind


Another wild romp with The Lost Boys and their friends Shining Pearl and Little Scallop! The kids were always eager for me to keep reading. They loved the tale of pirate treasure and the children exploring the lava tubes. If your family likes adventure tales this one will fit the bill.

:::::::::::::::::::The Aurora County All-Stars::

This is our new book for tonight.

::::::::::::::::::Swimming:::::::::

Aaron are going to try and get in a swim for physical education today after he finishes his math lesson. I just wish the pool was a salt pool and not chlorine.

Smiles!

2 comments:

janna said...

the tooth fairy gives my kids $2 a tooth.
LOL about practising for the primary program. I hate singing.... But I do like & will sing PRIMARY songs.

Carol said...

Noah has made me giggle, because that is something that my step-son Tristan would ask (a budding accountant!!!)

Love the layout, the background is awesome. Victoria you inspire me every time I see one of your pages. Love it. So glad that I happened upon your blog however long ago it was. I feel like I have a friend albeit one I've never met, I just loving getting to be part of your family by way of reading your blog. :-)