Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, October 19, 2007

Tartan Tots

Here are a couple of pictures of the kids "playing" the bagpipes. This photo of Rachel was published in this cute little Georgia based magazine my mom receives. I think Rachel was 3. I love the big eye look she has. I told Carol I would try and post these, so I decided to use the template by Pattie Knox to give it that graphic tartan feel:



Pattie Knox: Template
Katie Pertiet: Thistle Kit
Bren Boone: Luscious Solids
Emily Merritt: Photo Overlays from October Deal of the Month
Font: Century Gothic/ Black Adder ITC



::::::::::::::::::::If You Need The Good Stuff Call Mom:::::::

You can't do a simple science experiment these days because the amount of duffusses (sp?) out there making meth! I needed some iodine to dye the cells of an onion skin, bit of potato, yogurt, cheek cell, and plaque, but the stuff has been pulled off the shelves. My mother purchased some a while back, so I was able to drive over and get it. The kids enjoyed looking at the cell structure of the different items. We joked about making meth now that we are all done with our microscope assignment, but Michael is already on "the list" at the pharmacy for buying Aleve Sinus for me last year. I suppose it would look shady?!

::::::::::::::::::::In Progress::::

I have a few layouts in progress, so I guess I'll go off and play with photoshop!

Smiles!

3 comments:

janna said...

just don't go buy high amounts a sudafed.... LOL but so true.
Idaho is the 5th state in the us for meth production. Lately you cannot buy anything without being flag at the store.

Michael Taylor said...

"If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search... I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor."

-Nikola Tesla-
New York Times, October 19, 1931

Carol said...

Well I don't know what is more cute, the heels that Rachel is wearing or the size of her eyes while she's blowing! LOL My goodness, cute as a button.