Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yep! It's Me Again

::::::::::::Another Family Reunion Layout::::



My son was playing along the shoreline at the lake and was a bit disconcerted that I kept aiming the camera at him.


Darcy Baldwin: DJB MISH/ DJB DEBBIEC at The Digichick
Nancy Comelab: Utimate Background Vol 1, Vintage Frame
Natalie Braxton: Cut Outs II freebie
Kate Hadfield: Staples, Wordy Bits, Doodled Arrows, Paper Swirl
Jenn Patrick: Backward Staples
Bren Boone: Cool Summer, Luscious Solids
Katie Pertiet: Curled Vintage Frames 4
Michelle Coleman: Hand Stamped Alpha

::::::::::::::::::::Ordinary Basil::::::::

Wiley Miller, the cartoonist who pens Non-Sequitor, also wrote a children's book called The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Basil.

I saw this book at the library and decided to check it out. The illustrations are fantastic and the story line is a fluid and interesting adventure. There is a particularly interesting bit of dialogue that has Basil think about how we view the history we learn in school, which is delineated by the different wars. This is in contrast to the history of the "fictional Helios" which teaches the various periods of history with positive human discovers and creations.
I will be tacking this read behind our current family book.

:::::::::::::::::::Swimming:::::::::::

Aaron and I have been a couple of times this week for his physical education time and just to let him practice. I have fun doing some laps, treading water, diving and floating. It is really funny when Aaron wants me to go to the bottom of the pool and I can't stay down. I keep feeling like an undunkable Weeble Wooble.


:::::::::::::::Let's Groove:::::::::

I'll leave you with a song that makes me happy!


Smiles!

4 comments:

absolutartist1 said...

Great layouts!

Andrea said...

I love your family reunion layout!! That is a great weeble wobble, LOL!!! Too funny! Love it!!!

Melissa said...

Love the big flourish and the waves on your beach layout. Have to keep an eye out for that book.

20Birds said...

okay i finally figured out how to embed a you tube link... come to my blog and see!!!!i loved your soul train thing you had going on here and you inspired me to try harder