Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, October 07, 2007

We Are The Music Makers...

We are the dreamer of dreams:



This is a group of photos I took of my niece while I was on lifeguard duty during our family reunion. She is a collector of rocks and shells. She also likes to line them up.


Darcy Baldwin: DJB KarenbScript at The Digichick
Gina Miller: Canvas of Color
Antonio Rafaello: Tattered and Torn Frames
Emily Merritt: Messy Brush Add-on
Michelle Coleman: Handstamed Brush



:::::::::::::::::::::Emotions Revealed:::::::

Here is a well put observation by Paul Ekman in introduction of his book, "We organize our lives to maximize the experience of positive emotions and minimize the experience of negative emotions. We do not always suceed, but that is what we try to do."

The author started his research in the 1950s studying hand movements to try and determine if patients receiving psychological care were making improvements and it was through "serendipity" and grant money that he was asked to study facial expressions. His goal was to find out if facial expressions meant the same thing in all cultures, or were they learned in each culture. Most scientists felt that expressions were learned and dismissed the writings of Charles Darwin who believed they were innate and universal. Ekman also had a wonderful mentor by the name of Silvan Tomkins who had already been studying human expressions.

I'll give more tidbits as I go along.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::Speaking of Doing Things That...:::::::

that help maximize positive emotions check out my BIL photography website: Invisible Green
He named one of his photographs from a comment I made. Kickin' Cool Electric Lollipop

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::Cool Cousins::::::::

The Rachel and Aaron had such fun having Gabriel and Afton over. The girls giggled, wrote a musical and giggled some more. The boys laughed, got hurt, and played video games. I believe that is some Zen definition of balance.

I'll try to post some of the Taylor Boys Musical if I can get it to load to photobucket.

Until later!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful! I loved those pictures before but I really like how you put them together. I think this layout totally "gets" her personality. I may have to get a copy of this from you.

Glad the kids had fun together.

marcus said...

Your line was much better than the totally generic title I had given the shot.


I agree with Sis, the Rebecca layout definitely "gets" her.