Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, May 12, 2006

Fibs We Tell Our Kids

This was a layout I did for a fun challenge given by Lanne on the Shabby Princess boards:

Shabby Princess Gallery



Layout Credits: Studio Chic by Shabby Princess, Inked edge by Robin Cabana, Copy Right symbol by Shabby Princess
Fonts Used: Euphrogenic S/Fairfax Station/Patchanka Px/ Shabby Princess' Studio Chic Alpha
Special thanks to...: Battery Photo from www.sxc.hu



Early on I realized that my parents were fulfilling a promise that they had made me in childhood. The promise was to buy noise making toys for my future children in repayment for any of my childhood misdeeds. Upon the birth of my first child, Aaron, the noise making toys began to arrive from my parents, their mouths turned up in a smile that appeared innocent and endearing, while somewhere in the Universe their bank account rung up a deposit!

To combat the onslaught of possessed toys that talked when you walked by, even when they were turned to the off position, or toy trucks that drowned out any form of intelligent human thought, or the cacophony of music toys that played the same tune over and over and over again, my husband and I decided to tell our children this lie: "Once the batteries die they can never be replaced!"

No comments: