Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Marzipan Fan

I am a Marzipan Fan in more ways then one. I really think the entire concept of making almond paste into something that looks healthy is a hoot! My daughter, Rachel, finds it very tasty and looks forward to any time their is a mention of a baby shower because I might just run to Publix or Cake Art to get my Marzipan supplies. I am, in no stretch of the imagination, a Marizpan artist, but if you need something cathartic in your life this may be the ticket. Here is a layout I posted on one of the galleries at Matter of Scrap
I used Clara Wallace's Zoey Kit and the fonts:Amienne/butterbrotpapier
These marzipan petit four, two peas in a pod, were for one of my SIL's baby shower. She was pregnant with twin girls.

Marzipan WorldThis catalogue of professional Marzipan artist is soooo cool!

This is an example of my attempt at a fun marzipan vegetable garden complete with a bunny, a mushroom and a gnome.

BothFabulousfoodsandFashion-era have awesome tutorials on making your own fruits and vegetables.

This was another fun food item my husband made after I saw it on a page for Swedish Fish in Family Fun Magazine:

notmartha.orgmakes a similar rendition. They also have a page on how to make "Jello Fruit", so even if you aren't from Utah you might find it interesting!

I also like the super cool hippy chick Marzipan

I got the photo from Homelinux.org You can also learn more about Marzipan at Homestarrunner.com.

So if you find the urge to try something new in the creative line or just want to vege, try out Marzipan:)

No comments: