Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Climb On!

This is a layout from photos taken on the 6th of April. Michael took Aaron, Noah and our nephew, Gabriel, rock climbing in Sandrock, Alabama. Aaron was nervous but completed the climb and stopped to smile and flash a peace sign along the way.


Stamps and Ledger Paper by Meredith Fenwick, Fonts: Dead Letter Office, DB Michael by Darcy, Date Stamp by Amber Clegg, Hand Stamped Alpha by Michelle Coleman, Cluster Frame (modified) by Nancy Comelab, Paint strokes and black punched alpha by the Powers Sisters, Boy Buttons by Natalie Braxton, This Way doodle from New House Doodles by Kate Hadfield, corner doodle by Jackie Eckles, hand sketch from internet

:::::::::::::::::As I Sit Here:::::::::

this song is running through my head:

Well we got no choice
All the girls and boys
Makin' all that noise
'Cause they found new toys
Well we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Well we got no class
And we got no principles (principals)
We ain't got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes

School's out for summer
School's out forever
My school's been blown to pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Out for summer
Out 'til fall
We might not come back at all

School's out forever
School's out for summer
School's out with fever
School's out completely


...today is the last day of the 2006-2007 school year. I will be taking Eve and Aaron to visit Noah and Rachel for their respective class picnics.

***This song by Alice Cooper is one of the kids favorites, thanks to the Muppet show on dvd. I believe all four can "Name That Tune" in the first few chords with no words. Alice Cooper seems to be more fun than creepy.

::::::::::::::::::Speaking of dark, long haired singers:::::

when I was out and about driving I heard the song a "What a Wonderful World". The song written for and performed by Louis Armstrong is famous, but the one singing on the radio was Joey Ramone. I really enjoyed his rendition of the song. I checked up on Joey with Wikipedia. The release date on the song was 2002 and he died in 2001 of lymphoma.

I have enjoyed the crazy, fun sound of the Ramones since I watched the movie Rock 'n' Roll High School. I enjoyed jumping around to the theme song and yelling, "Hey Ho, Let's go! You can hear sound bites of their music on Amazon.com. I love to crank up the tune "I Want to be Sedated".


:::::::::::::Bus Driver Gift::::

I went by Bruster's, a local ice cream shop, and purchased two five dollar gift certificates for the bus driver, so each child could give her something. I hated riding the bus as a kid, but my kids seem to think it's okay. The school has increased in population quickly over the last 5 years and I wouldn't want to drive over there to sit in a long line of cars while my old car tries to over heat. So, thanks Ms. Becky for picking up my younguns'!



Mo Moodles 5, Vehicle Doodle by Kate Hadfield, Borderlines by Sande Krieger, Font: Chalkdust/ CAC Shishoni Brush, Chocolate paper by Paper Moons (Anna Benjamin)

:::::::::::::Noah's New Camera:::::::::

has taken plenty of photos of the wall, my butt, miscellanous photos of Oinkey, Eve posing on the coffee table (what a goof ball)...and I did mention my butt (that kid needs to get out more)! He took a short movie of the movie we were watching and used up his small memory card. Hopefully, he will get this out of his system before our vacation.

Well, off to give Aaron a math test, so "Hey ho, let's go!"

Smiles!

No comments: