Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tagged Tuesday:

I was tagged by my digi pal Julie P., so here goes.
The rules: Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following...They MUST be real places, names, things...NOTHING made up! If you can't think of anything, skip it. Try to use different answers if the person before you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question...
SCATTERGORIES...it's harder than it looks!
Your Name: babyofmine
1. Famous Singer/Band: Vedder, Eddie
2. 4 letter word: Vest
3. Street: Victoria St.
4. Color: Vermillion
5. Gifts/Presents:
6. Vehicle: Buick
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop:
8. Boy Name: Vernon
9. Girl Name: Valerie
10. Movie Title: Vacation
11. Drink: Vermouth
12. Occupation: Veterinarian
13. Flower: Vanilla
14. Celebrity: Viveca Lindfors
15. Magazine: Veterans
16. U.S. City: Valhalla
17. Pro Sports Teams: Vikings
18. Fruit: ?
19. Reason for Being Late for Work: Vexed at sleeping in.
20. Something You Throw Away: Vacuum
21. Things You Shout: "Varmint"!
22. Cartoon Character: Veronica (from the Archie and Jughead Comics)


::::::::::::::::Just When You Thought You Were Safe:::::::::

Two more Shutterfly Albums came in yesterday:


Doodlebird by Meredith Fenwick, Crayon Doodles by Ida, Background paper by Rhonna Farrer, City Limits Doodle by Andrea Burns, Glassy blue brads from Movin' On by Sandra Boddington at Scrapbookgraphics, Glitter swirl from Michelle Coleman's Birthday Elements, Weather Doodle and Birthday Girl Doodle by Kate Hadfield, Font: Tk doodle by Taran Conyers, The "rose colored glasses" were from the letter "g" in 2Peas DW Summer Fun, Journal paper From Just Need to Write My Thoughts by Lauren Grier



Papers and brushes from Peachy Keen by Rhonna Farrer, Font: Jane Austen/ Hello Sark


:::::::::::::::::::My Knight in Shinging Armor:::::::

rode up on his steely grey iron horse and fixed my tire. Aaron, Evey and I went to the library to deal with my crazy dvd requesting situation. We were there about an hour and a half. The librarians were kind enough to explain some nuances of the library system to me. For example, now I know how to use the suspended request and my list functions to delay my requests, while maintaining them in an accessible form. I did end of checking out the collections on religion for kids for a comparative religion study I'm doing today, Inventors, several Eyewitness films, and a series for health on the human body. For Noah I checked out all the movies on the Transformers so we can get steeped in Transformer history for the upcoming movie. For Evey I checked out a couple of My Little Pony movies, Angelina Ballerina and Strawberry Shortcake. Rachel really likes the Eyewitness stuff, so everyone was covered.

Sooooo, we walk out and deposit the 3 plastic grocery bags and one armful of videos into the car and I noticed the front tire was flat. We were already running late for our end of the year party for Homeschool run club, but I didn't want to drive on it and bend the rim. We went back in and the librarians let Aaron call Michael at work. He took the rest of the day off and came to get us. He said I had enough air in the tire to drive the short mile home. We grabbed the stuff for run club from my car and all of us went to the park for the party.

The got to eat pizza and snacks, while the kids had a squirt gun fight on the lawn. Eve, Michael and I stayed dry and ate strawberries and brownies. The squirt gun fight was halted long enough for Aaron and the other children to recieve trophies and awards for participating the the Presidental Fitness program. Then, back to another half hour of maniac squirting.

When we got home Michael found the problem with my tire. I had run over a nasty old screw. He put a plug in the tire and filled it with air. I need two new front tires anyway since my car is front wheel drive the tires loose tread much quicker in the front than the rear.

::::::::::::::::::::A Good Knight's Work::::::::

is never done! Michael took a quick shower then went off to his scheduled apheresis appointment at the Red Cross. They accidentally missed his vein in his right arm and the fluid created a golf ball sized swelling. He called their attention to it and they fixed the problem. OUCH! He watched Mission Impossible 3, which he said was awful, while he gave platelets.

::::::::::::::::::::New Suit:::::::::::

I took the girls to Target and the grocery store, while the boys watched Transformers. Eve informed me that she liked my flip flops and it didn't bother her to have the strap between her toes anymore, and she wanted some right now. Rachel needed another swimsuit, so we picked up one for her. It is a light robin's egg blue and brown with a hibiscus pattern. It is 3 pieces, so she can get to the restroom quickly. She will wear the surf shirt with the bottom piece and the bikini top will stay in the drawer to pair it up when she grows out of it. On Saturday, Michael and I picked up a tankini for Eve. It is pink with a hibiscus pattern. The surf shirt and shorts look adorable.

::::::::::::::::::::This is hilarious::::::::

A great digi-gal, Carol, is participating in an amazing challenge about things that never really happened.Carol's blog. Her layout is so funny. I'm going to have to try this bit of nuttiness!

::::::::::::::::::::Jaw Dropping Amazing::::::::

Dream House post by Sande Krieger is BRILLIANT! She has crafted an intricate home symbolizing some of the wonderful aspects of her family. I am in AWE!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I tell you, your Shutterfly books are like works of art, I love your covers, so I can only imagine from that, that the insides are amazing. What a treasure to have always. And you linked to my 'things that never really happened', how cool are you! Thanks.