Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday, Monday...

so good to me. (Mamas & the Papas).

I hope y'all had a marvelous Mother's Day! I started the day nervous because I had to lead the Primary Children singing in the Chapel for all the moms and grandmas. The pianist started a bit early because she couldn't see her own granddaughter walking along the front. There were too many tall kids in her line of sight to me, but we were only a couple of beats behind and caught up. The second song about grandmother was adorable and the kids remembered to pause. I must have been a bit distracting because I was on the middle pew four rows back, so the kids would be able to see me. I was swayin' and gesticulating (some people who lead music call it "conducting" from what I hear)! All in all...SUCCESS!

After Church we watched a Disney movie called "Hot Lead and Cold Feet" with Jim Dale who also narrates the Harry Potter book series. Then, I went and fell asleep for a 2 hour nap. BLISS!

During the movie I created this layout:



background paper from Little Day (QOTC) by Sausan, Mixed flower element from Collectibles 1 by Sausan, Squiggle Fleurs by Jen Wilson, Cardboard border by Amanda Rockwell, Doodle Alpha by Kate Hadfield

::::::::::::::::Vacation Plans:::::::::

Coming together. We have a gentlemen in our ward who lived in Pennsylvania and told us to go the Shady Maple when we get to Lancaster for a wonderful Amish experience.

I have to go feed the Thundering Heard!

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a beautiful layout. The yellow is superb. Gorgeous!

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

I love it, especially the stems (did you do those yourself?). :) Now that I am actually scrapping (instead of simply collecting), I keep seeing things I would like to learn.