Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mementos:



Noah created this artwork just for me! He was very protective of the painting and was upset when I glanced at it before Mother's Day. After several minutes of consoling his tender feelings I was able to convince him that I could forget what it looked like exactly. I was, Happily, surprised on Sunday when my sweet son gave me this painting of a clown. The hands are extra special because they are his traced hands. The hands are also his and my favorite color, green.
Thank you, Noah, for my Mother's Day present!

Sande Krieger's French Laundry Papers, Coasters, and Alpha, Borderlines 2 Rhonna Farrer's Snapshot Frames and Paint Strokes, Tia Bennett's Joined at the Hip kit. Font: Mia's Scribblings

::::::::::::::::Epcot Bands::::::::

We really enjoyed the music at Epcot, especially Off Kilter in the Canadian Pavillion. Some of our other highly recommended music stops are Mo Rocka, the Mariachi band is fabulous, and Mazuriza (or Masuriza).



Doodle Frame and Music Doodles by Kate Hadfield, Font: DB Michael

::::::::::::::::::::Insight::::::::::

Michael's blog can give you a little insight on our family and our particular weirdness.


:::::::::::::::::::It's Shaping Up:::::::::

to be a buzy weekend. Aaron has the end of the season bowling party this Friday. It will be 9 pins, no tap, which means if you knock down 9 pins it counts as a strike. We are taking Noah Cosmic Bowling for his birthday. Sunday is a big Family Home Evening with Michael's family. It is supposed to be a picnic outside with lots of different salads.

Now, to run and rustle up the children for some grub! *( just had to share this quirky thought: If I was a beetle and I had to wake my kids, then I would be rustling up the grub for some food....Hmmm?!?)

BACK TO YOUR LIVES, CITIZENS!

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a fabulous display of the clown painting in that layout. A way to treasure it always. What a good idea.

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

grub = kids, too funny. :)

My oldest son and I also share a favorite color! But ours is purple. :D He is starting to shift toward blue and green, or "the dark colors" as he calls them, but he still goes back to purple in a pinch. :)