Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Stone Mountain Sweet Gum:



Background paper from Oil Papers by Gina Miller, Really Big Ribbon by Natalie Braxton, Vintage Frames by Nancy Comelab, Borderline doodle by Sande Krieger, Chocolate Notepapers by Anna Benjamin at Paper_Moons, Thought bubble from Ceres kit by Jackie Eckles, Fonts: Cats, Typical Writer, DB Michael, Date Stamp by Katie Pertiet, Botanical brushes from internet, staples by Jenn Patrick
Text:
Stone Mountain Sweet Gum:
Pioneers once peeled the bark and scraped the resin-like solid to produce chewing gum.
The bark of this species of Sweet Gum tree is mottled with a variety of colors. The colors of this Stone Mountain Sweet Gum attracts both male and female Homo sapiens. Once attracted to the tree's bark the Homo sapiens deposit a wad of fresh gum to the tree's exterior, thus protecting it from the elements.


::::::::::::::::::::Music Maven::::::::

Eve and I had the opportunity to spend time together on our drive to her check up and she offered her opinion on the tunes we were listening to on the radio. The first song on our journey was by Evanesence called "My Immortal".
Eve asked, "Did someone die?" (Echo from the other day).
"I don't know." (I reach to change the channel).
"Don't change it. I like it!"

The next song was by a group called The Killers. The song is called "Somebody Told Me". She told me to turn it up, up, up!

By the time we got half way to the appointment The Police song "Roxanne" came on the radio. Eve asked, "What is he saying?"
I replied, "Roxanne."
Eve: I don't like it! Turn it off!

Eve also came up with her own song this evening:

"I want to be like my mommy!
I want to go camping!
I want to be like my mommy!
I want to send e-mails!"

(She was wearing panties at the time, so my guess is that she won't make it in pop music...good thing!)

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

I about choked on my mandarin orange just now. LOL @ panties
thanks for reminding me to listen to my 'tunes' :D